Explorer Talk banner

Heater issues

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  J_C 
#1 ·
I’m not getting any power to my a/c blend door actuator on my 2000 EB Explorer.....Any thoughts???

#2 ·
I assume you state this because you measured with a multimeter, not just that the actuator doesn't work, that it, itself might have failed?

If so then consult the owner's manual for associated fuses and relays. Use a multimeter to trace how far power gets from the battery, along each node of the circuit till there is no 12V when it should actuate.

If it is the same as mine (which does not have automatic climate control!), there should be fuse 10 in the interior fuse box, then direct to the blend door, and a connection from blend door to ground, and a few, possibly 3 connections from the blend door to the console control for hot/cold.

"IF" it is the same blend door actuator used on both manual and automatic climate control (you could lookup Ford part #s for both to see if it is) then with it set to coldest it should have a low resistance between a yellow/light-green wire and a dark green/orange wire, and high resistance betwen the dark green/orange wire and a gray/red wire.

As the setting moves more and more towards warmer air, the resistance between yellow/light green should rise and resistance between dark green/orange and gray/red should drop.

Although you stated no power, another semi-common fault with the blend door is that the door itself breaks, then people have to try to pry the old out and shoehorn a new door in, or cut an access panel and seal it back up with HVAC aluminum tape when finished. If I recall correctly, Doorman makes a repair kit for that, but if you source a replacement door and the tape you may not need a "kit"... I don't recall what else if anything is in the kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.