01-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Johnstown, PA
Owner Programmable Features
I thought I would post a few up that I used on mine. The manual outlines the way to do this with the keypad but since mine is not functioning I had to go elsewhere for instructions.
The factory procedure to disable autolock can be accomplished in two ways:
Autolock Enable/Disable - Using the Keypad
To enable/disable autolock using the keyless entry keypad:
1. Enter five-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad.
2. Within 5 seconds of entering the code, press and hold the 7/8 button on the keypad.
3. Within 5 seconds of Step 2, and while holding the 7/8 button, press the 3/4 button on the keypad and release it.
4. Within 5 seconds of Step 3, release the 7/8 button on the keypad.
If the Autolock feature is disabled the horn will chirp once, if it is enabled the horn chirps once and then a second time once the sequence above is completed.
Autolock Enable/Disable through Igntion Switch
1. Close all doors.
2. Confirm the key is OFF.
3. Turn key from OFF to RUN.
4. Note Steps 4 through 7 must be carried out within 30 seconds.
Press Door lock control switch UNLOCK 3 times.
5. Turn the key from ON to OFF.
6. Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK 3 times.
7. Turn the key from OFF to ON.
8 Verify the horn chirps. This indicates the disable/enable mode has been entered and is ready for program changes.
9. Press door lock control switch UNLOCK button one more time, then press the LOCK button.
10. Verify the horn chirps one time, indicating that the autolock/relock feature is disabled. If one chirp is heard, followed by a longer sound of the horn the autolockk/relock feature is enabled. (Return to Step 9).
11. Turn the key to OFF position to exit enable/disable mode. If the Autolock status is changed, the horn will chirp once. If the status is not changed, no chirp will be heard. Return to Step 1.
The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the following procedure: Before following the procedure, make sure that: The parking brake is set. The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission). The ignition switch is in the OFF position. All vehicle doors are closed. The driver safety belt is unbuckled. The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure). Seating and safety restraints To reduce the risk of injury, do not deactivate/activate the Belt Minder feature while driving the vehicle.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1-2 minutes.) Steps 3&5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by the safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by: The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds. Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off. Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three seconds.
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complet
2011 Toyota 4Runner