Actually did some things--- - Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts
Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts

Old 05-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
Mountainator

Well guys, this might not be a big deal to all of you, but to me it is a life changing day.

I actually went out and changed the mounty's oil and filter, had to also replace the grommet for my oil fill.

It felt pretty good, but I really notice the place they fused my back, I don't bend at all like I used to so I had to learn a few tachniques. After the several trips under and back out I am kind of sore, but not sore enough to cancel plans for my "Auto parts recycling center" run tomorrow.

I also got under and evened my rear bumper, somehow it was out of whack about 1/4 inch

I now fell good enough to announce my plans, completed by next month.

1) Remove upper intake manifold, and valve covers to inspect valvetrain, retorque head stud nuts, replace fuel injector o-rings, egr gasket, throttle body gasket ( bore 1/8 hole on throttle plate), and upper lower spacer gasket. Mount my new throttle linkage, relocate washer fluid-radiator overflow. Basically redress complete upper, and remount egr solenoid-dpfe sensor.

2) install Torquemonster headers while upper is dissassembled.

3)resolve tuning issues

4)rebuild entire front suspension- ball joints tie rods- control arm bushing

5)Remove roof rack, install Yukon strips *******COMPLETED 5-11*******

6)remove running boards, install side skirts ( want insane and sane side look that can be changed)

7)replace hood- rework this hoodscoop- the idea so I can have 2 hoods ( insane and sane), install my new front grille. (back to chrome) *******COMPLETED 5-12*******

8)remove body moldings

9)purchase rear wing

10) complete body sand, body in complete black satin by July

11) Insane paint would include just a small touch of pearl flames like alchohol burning ( blues and purples--no orange-yellow) on side skirts and cowl hood, Sane would be all black running boards and stock hood. Complete in August?????

I have almost everything, just lacking tuning device( currently I am researching this), a nice rear wing and paint. I have everything in boxes in the garage

Oh yeah number 1 should read clean garage!!!!!

My **** has been in neglect for awhile, but I'm bouncin back guys

So what you think guys?

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
98mounty

Send a message via MSN to 98mounty Send a message via Yahoo to 98mounty
Jon, you are under my strict orders NOT to work on ANYTHING engine or suspension related until I'm moved down there, I gotta learn how to do that stuff lol.

Mick

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176280 My Ride In Work

http://carsnrides.com/Profile.aspx?vid=3262

http://thecarspace.com/98mounty

My Workhorse:

1998 Mercury Mountaineer, 5.0, lowered 1 1/2", A/V mods including Clarion, Polk Audio, and JL Audio, AMSoil fluids

My Toy/Gas Saver:

2006 Suzuki GSX-600K6 Katana, allready debadged, no other mods yet
98mounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
99SportX

Send a message via AIM to 99SportX
Wow, sounds like quite a list. That should keep you busy for a little while. I like your flame idea. That would be sweet. A subtle touch.
99 Mountaineer 5.0L V8 AWD

99SportX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
xnewengx76

id love to see a write up about removing the upper intake manifold. i plan on taking mine off for some painting and im

Retired:
'04 F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel - 205,000mi, Lariat Crew Cab
'97 Explorer 5.0 - 180,000mi, Eddie B, 4" Lift, 32x11.5x15
xnewengx76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:45 PM   #5
Mountainator

Quote:
id love to see a write up about removing the upper intake manifold. i plan on taking mine off for some painting and im
I have a different intake manifold, I don't know how much it would help.

However, I think I know someone who is planning what you are, he'll post pics I'm sure
Old 05-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
99SportX

Send a message via AIM to 99SportX
Quote:

I could probably help you out on that sometime. Once I get my engine tiotally assembled out of the X for "mock up," I can take a lot of pics where all the hoses go and everything so you know what has to be removed.

I also belive I wrote some instructions for 98mounty at one point in time because he started a thread that asked about it.
99 Mountaineer 5.0L V8 AWD

99SportX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:25 AM   #7
CDW6212R

Great to hear that you are getting to move about more. I have friends that have gone through that several times, one with shoulder now. Good list, take your time for your health. We are hear to help on line if needed. Regards,

98 Mountaineer 18's Zexel-Torsen diff, suspension work,12.75" x 1.25" rotors etc., 347 4WD soon.
Be American, Buy American(MANUFACTURER)
CDW6212R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #8
Mountainator

Yesterday I removed roof racks.

Today I painted bumper, installed new headlights and silverstars, installed new hood, and installed new chrome grille. ( in the picture you can't tell, but the hood is deep blue. Still looks better than what I had)

I callin it a day.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
stainlineho

Thats tight man. Lookin' good.
stainlineho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #10
Mountainator

Quote:
Yesterday I removed roof racks.

Today I painted bumper, installed new headlights and silverstars, installed new hood, and installed new chrome grille. ( in the picture you can't tell, but the hood is deep blue. Still looks better than what I had)

I callin it a day.
I forgot to add I also re painted my wiper arms ( front and rear), and new rear glass hinges

Think I'll hit the cowl and window pillars tomorrow