Explorer Talk banner

SYNC and an Aftermarket System

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Rob 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I need help, support, advice, something...

I installed an entire system yesterday into my '08 EB 4x4:

Panasonic CQ-VD6505U Head Unit,

Rockford Fosgate P500-2 Amp,

Rockford Fosgate P2L-212 2-12" Subs + enclosure,

Rockford Fosgate 1-Farad Capacitator,

Sirius SIR-PAN1,

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG,

And the Metra Axxcess AFSI-01,

Issues:

When the phone rings, the head unit turns off so I can connect to the SYNC bluetooth.

I cannot access my USB through SYNC - maybe...I just had an idea...will follow up

Aaaand I have no control over the Subs and volume when the headunit is on CD.

(No idea about the radio because I didn't have the right aftermarket antennae cable adaptor - Which means I'll have to rip the whole thing out again, but practice makes perfect!)

If anyone knows anything, please help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Everyone!

I need help, support, advice, something...

I installed an entire system yesterday into my '08 EB 4x4:

Panasonic CQ-VD6505U Head Unit,

Rockford Fosgate P500-2 Amp,

Rockford Fosgate P2L-212 2-12" Subs + enclosure,

Rockford Fosgate 1-Farad Capacitator,

Sirius SIR-PAN1,

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG,

And the Metra Axxcess AFSI-01,

Issues:

When the phone rings, the head unit turns off so I can connect to the SYNC bluetooth.

I cannot access my USB through SYNC - maybe...I just had an idea...will follow up

Aaaand I have no control over the Subs and volume when the headunit is on CD.

(No idea about the radio because I didn't have the right aftermarket antennae cable adaptor - Which means I'll have to rip the whole thing out again, but practice makes perfect!)

If anyone knows anything, please help!

Nevermind - I figured it out. Apparently Panasonic only made a mono pre out for the external amp :\ probably why they don't make headunits anymore.

Pics and instructions to come soon in case anyone else was nervous about messing up their newer X

#5 ·
Hmm interesting. Sorry I didn't chime in earlier but honestly I am not familiar with the Sync - we don't have any Fords with it. All of our Fords are about 10 years old now.

Guess that IronMan in your gallery was for show/example then? I've been running into this problem a lot. No one has hooked up any of the 4th gens because they are so new and there isn't that much out there for them. Guess I'm kind of like a pioneer...hmph. :-\

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.