Explorer Talk banner

iPhone 4 problems with sync

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Stillaford 
#1 ·
I have been unable to use the myfordtouch system in my 2011 explorer since I bought it 7 months ago. Constant freezing, phone never pairs, nav crashes, screen freezes black, etc. I have an iPhone 4. I have been very disappointed and have blamed ford. A couple weeks ago I just disabled Bluetooth since it wouldn't work anyway and the rest of the system immediately started working better, no freezes. So I got thinking the sync system problems had something to do with the phone. So I tried an experiment: I tried pairing an older iPhone 3gs. It not only paired immediately, but thewhole sync system has been working perfectly for the past week. Apple tech support told me that the iPhone 4 has the newest Bluetooth standard but the vehicle must still have the older standard and needs to be updated. I'm happy the system works with the 3GS but I would like to use the iphone4 because it's much faster and has more features. Has anyone else dealt with problems using iPhone 4? Heard of Bluetooth update?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.