For Sale 2007 Explorer Sport Trac interior complete cloth seat covers! - Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts
Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts

Old 08-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
ole442

For Sale 2007 Explorer Sport Trac interior complete cloth seat covers!

GONE....sorry!

ole442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
ole442

Gone, gone!
Old 08-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
J_C

I can't imagine anyone in this day and age sending a money order. Maybe offer some kind of escrow ?

'98 Explorer XLT 4L SOHC 4WD
'14 Explorer XLT 3.5L NA AWD
J_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #4
ole442

Gone, gone!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #5
J_C

In that case I have this bridge I'm selling cheap...

I've never mailed a stranger a money order in my life. Do an escrow, make it easier to entice someone to buy these instead of putting an additional hurdle in the way, because they aren't priced all that cheap, I can get entire seats from a junkyard for less than that, or aftermarket seat covers that just get tossed on in 10 minutes for under $150.

You are asking a premium price and to jump through a hoop for vehicles now 13 years old.

Too expensive, strike one. Risky payment method, strike two. Not even clean (pics show this) strike three. Needing substantial labor to remove existing seat covers and put these on, strike four.

I'm not trying to be hard on you, I support reselling needed parts to those who need them. It's a great service to the community but I don't see those selling within the terms you've set, so you'll probably spend a lot more time till you get to a place where buyers are enticed.

Good luck, if you sell them within those terms then I'm happy for you and the buyer who deemed them worth this gauntlet, but to me those look like something you would offer free on craigslist and throw away if nobody claims them within 6 months

People don't own vehicles that old with a mindset that they want to put any more money into it than necessary. That's the whole point of owning an older vehicle, that it's cheaper. If it's brakes or a ball joint, some real safety issue then it's an investment in safety and necessary, but a little bit better (but not perfect) seat covers, not so much.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #6
ole442

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_C View Post
In that case I have this bridge I'm selling cheap...

I've never mailed a stranger a money order in my life. Do an escrow, make it easier to entice someone to buy these instead of putting an additional hurdle in the way, because they aren't priced all that cheap, I can get entire seats from a junkyard for less than that, or aftermarket seat covers that just get tossed on in 10 minutes for under $150.

You are asking a premium price and to jump through a hoop for vehicles now 13 years old.

Too expensive, strike one. Risky payment method, strike two. Not even clean (pics show this) strike three. Needing substantial labor to remove existing seat covers and put these on, strike four.

I'm not trying to be hard on you, I support reselling needed parts to those who need them. It's a great service to the community but I don't see those selling within the terms you've set, so you'll probably spend a lot more time till you get to a place where buyers are enticed.

Good luck, if you sell them within those terms then I'm happy for you and the buyer who deemed them worth this gauntlet, but to me those look like something you would offer free on craigslist and throw away if nobody claims them within 6 months

People don't own vehicles that old with a mindset that they want to put any more money into it than necessary. That's the whole point of owning an older vehicle, that it's cheaper. If it's brakes or a ball joint, some real safety issue then it's an investment in safety and necessary, but a little bit better (but not perfect) seat covers, not so much.

I sold both the mats and seat covers to the former owner of MySportTrac.com! He was willing to pay with a money order but since I knew him well, a personal check was accepted. Evidentially your observations were incorrect son! How the hell is a USPS Money Order risky for either party? If something goes wrong, for either party, it could be considered mail fraud and you can check validity of the MO on the USPS site! It appears you were wrong on all accounts. Goodbye!

Old 10-11-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
J_C

Nope, you're wrong. You send someone a money order, only to find you can't identify them or not their residence address, they cash it and vanish. It doesn't matter that it's mail fraud, because we know people do this sort of fraud and over the phone, constantly.

Ask around, this is a very common fraud tactic to have a money order, or wire transfer, or store gift cards, etc, sent ahead of time. If it wasn't, I never would have mentioned it.

The normal way to sell something like this is put it up on ebay and take paypal payment. It is absurd to request a money order in this day and age.