ABS buzzing pedal while stopping - Page 2 - Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts
Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts

Old 02-05-2020, 08:31 AM   #11
raschwar

ABS update

I couldn't get out of park and the brakes lights were not working. After replacing the brake switch and still not working I took a good look at the booster. I found that the flat tab on the push rod that pushes on the switch was not there! There was only a flat spot on the eye about 1/4 inch long. So nothing was present to rock the switch when the pedal moved. I took it back to AZ and who checked out another one and found it to be the same. They were extremely good about helping me.

Here's the part description This part will NOT work:

For your 1997 Ford Truck Explorer 4WD 4.0L FI SOHC 6cyl

Duralast Remanufactured Brake Power Booster 54-73189
Part Number: 54-73189

raschwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #12
raschwar

So... To sum up, New booster, MC, front calipers and new pads all around. Brakes bled and ABS autobled. The pedal is great until I start the engine. The the pedal goes way down. I have brakes and the truck stops fine but the pedal is sooo low. I am baffled, all that's left are the brake hoses. As was suggested maybe they are swelling under the added pressure of the booster. I didn't think to watch them under load.
raschwar is offline   Reply With Quote