Door lock actuator - Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts
Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts

Old 04-13-2019, 01:20 AM   #1
mrg2065

Door lock actuator

Couldn't find any info on getting the new rod into the new actuator, purchased from O'Reilly. It will not pop in, I put rod in my vice, lubes, and pushed as, well hard, and it will not pop in, brought it back, they pulled another off the shelf, same.
Question anyone replace one of these and have to drill out rod hole in actuator to make it fit.
Thanks.
Attached Images

mrg2065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
mrg2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg2065 View Post
Couldn't find any info on getting the new rod into the new actuator, purchased from O'Reilly. It will not pop in, I put rod in my vice, lubes, and pushed as, well hard, and it will not pop in, brought it back, they pulled another off the shelf, same.
Question anyone replace one of these and have to drill out rod hole in actuator to make it fit.
Thanks.
Ok used a long threaded bolt like a file, few in and out strokes, lubed, pushed till my eyes turned green, nada, few more strokes all the way around hole again, lubed, push, nada, 3rd time stroke, lube, popped in, yes. Had to take door handle off, drop that bar to get actuator bar in and hour getting little yellow transferred bar clip in, and hour to get actuator in bracket, but done, something's probobly worn in latch, door wouldn't open from inside or outside, tried adjusting pushing bars, nothing,pushed and pulled latch connections, while hitting unlock button then lock popped up, and door opened, never stuck like that again, still have to hit the unlock button couple more times to get that lock to unlock old boot was dirty and rusty colored, water, moisture must of worn latch mechanism, which will eventually ware out new actuator, so junkyards or new latch.
Yesterday I put a band around drivers door yellow adjustable clip and door to hold it up, seen today you can open that clip to adjust. Opened up yellow clip in pic.
Attached Images

mrg2065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
Carolinarider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg2065 View Post
....I put a band around drivers door yellow adjustable clip and door to hold it up, seen today you can open that clip to adjust. Opened up yellow clip in pic.
I have a question, not exactly related to your issue. I just had to have my drivers side door lock replaced because the key would no longer open the lock nor would it lock when the "button" was pushed.

The tech that did the replacement said that the issue with the lock was that the plastic tab in the door lock itself was broken. Turns out the replacement lock did not have the same type of "tab". It was metal and could not be linked to the electric door locking system.

I see in your pictures you have a picture of a yellow plastic tab. Can you tell me where you purchased the lock or were you found that tab?

My is a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport (Two Door).

Thanks.
Carolinarider is offline   Reply With Quote