2019 Explorer Sport Roof Rack Covers - Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts
Ford Explorer Forum - Forums for Ford Explorer Enthusiasts

Old 07-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #1
fast1gt

2019 Explorer Sport Roof Rack Covers

Both of the black roof rack covers on my Explorer Sport keep coming loose (clips not holding) and popping up! I have taken it back (4) times and they replaced the clips, but they still come up. I went out at the local Ford Dealer to the line of new Explorers on the lot and (2) had the covers sticking up! I went over to the other ones that were not sticking up and pulled slightly. Some were tight and some came off easily! Now I am being told by Ford Customer Service that there is nothing they can do! REALLY! My $50K blows apart with wind or at the car wash and that is acceptable by Ford?
How many others have this issue?

fast1gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
J_C

What's a roof rack cover? I mean is it needed? My 5th gen didn't come with any and the roof rack looks fine without one.

'98 Explorer XLT 4L SOHC 4WD
'14 Explorer XLT 3.5L NA AWD
J_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #3
Rob2

Same thing with my 2016.
Rob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #4
Rob2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_C View Post
What's a roof rack cover? I mean is it needed? My 5th gen didn't come with any and the roof rack looks fine without one.
The silver pieces that look like the roof rack rails, are covers. Mine have become loose after several thousand mile trips and I have found that they need to be slammed back into place to be seated appropriately.

I also had the passenger side A arm cover (by the windshield) fly off and slam into/cut my kids hand through open the passenger window. Good thing he deflected it with his hand, before it slammed his face.

The dealer wanted nothing to do with that. I repositioned the original part and it will NOT be coming off again without needing replaced.
Rob2 is offline   Reply With Quote