Explorer Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a 2 door 98 sohc and needed a 4 door. Came across a '00 4d that had an ohv engine in it. I didn't realize it was different than mine because most everything had been removed off the block. I had a friend help swap the engine, tranny, wiring harness and computer to the '00 and while putting everything back together realized my issue with the fuel lines with the 98 having 2 fuels lines and the '00 having only one. Can I switch the fuel pump over to the '00 and run another fuel line? Are the pumps interchangeable or no? Just wondering if im in way over my head or if ill be able to finish this project. Also, am I going to run into any electrical issues here swapping the harness and computer over to the '00? I haven't found anything yet on doing this swap so if anyone knows of a link that could fill me in that would be awesome. Swapping engines was something i could handle but swapping out the ohv engine for a sohc is a bit out of my wheelhouse. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts