Explorer Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on purchasing 2- 12" Audiobahn "Flame Q" Subwoofers AW1206T. They are rated at 1100 watts RMS each. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good matching amp, and also a good box to handle these??? I'm putting them in the back of my 93 explorer xlt

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I would definitely get a Kicker amp. I just sold a Kicker amp of mine because I'm selling my system, but any other amp I've had or worked with in either my X or other peoples cars is really tough to compare. Rockford Fosgate amps are underpowered and overpriced. Ask anyone who knows what they're talking about with real car audio equipment and they'll confirm that.

I stay go with a Kicker or JL amp.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I am thinking about doing a custom design of a subwoofer underneath my rear seat bench! I think I will go with bandbass box so the bass flows out of the holes, insted of seal which the sub may hit the seats. Just a idea in the future after I get my bumper! Which I just found after I washed my car that the paint under the front grille and by the headlamp got chiped!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'll disagree with the Rockford assessment. Rockford amps are extremely affordable (go to www.ikesound.com and you'll see) and I've owned two and was extremely pleased with both.

However, Kicker amps are very good amps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 2- 12" Audiobahn "Flame Q" Subwoofers AW1

I think i am going to go with a Kicker Amp. I've heard many good and bad thoughts on Rockford, but i've only heard good about Kicker. I'm thinking about going with KICKER KX1200.1 AMP I believe that should be plenty of power. Now I need to decided on a box for these.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If youre going to get a box get a snailshell. Its hard to explain but they make the BEST boxes bar none. They will make any box sem crappy. Great build quality and best of all they are LOUD. The website slipped my mind. Ill call my friend and post it here within the next few hours.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Those are just regular boxes though right? I want a stealth box that fits in the right pocket. I don't want to take up any rear cargo space.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Those are just regular boxes though right? I want a stealth box that fits in the right pocket. I don't want to take up any rear cargo space.

These are special boxes than can basicaly make a 10" sub sound like 2 15's ... But yes they do take up a ton of room ...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
HOLY THREAD RESUSCITATION, BATMAN!

·
Registered
368 Posts
haha so if it mkaes 1 10" sound like 2 15's, what will it make 2 12"s sound like?

lets set up an equation:

10/30 = 24/x

cross multiply and u get:

10x = 720

x = 72. THEREFOR:

2 12" subs will sound like 2 36" subs.

im def. getting one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts