Explorer Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performace upgrades,

I installed a Mac Performance air induction unit and a Flowmaster 40-series muffler with 2 1/2 inch pipes past the cat. What hp and mph increases can I expect? I have DOHC V-6

G

·
u mean u have the shoc V-6, and with a flowmaster 40 series u probly gain more horspower but u loose torque. the induction kid also adds some horsepower and some torque. i think i'm stating the obviouse but o well someone else will chim in and give ya more details. and welcome to the site

·
Registered
384 Posts
Congrats on the install of those things there Paul. Have you gotten down into it to see if you feel any gain ? If you go by what the increased hp gains say you should get for it (don't know the numbers off hand). That could give you a rough estimate but then again if I am not mistaken(very well could be) it is all rated at the fly wheel. I didn't notice any real gain when I put in my Jet chip but I did notice a difference in idle and shift changes. Now when I put the exhaust on the Dynomax setup (catback) from Explorer Express I did notice a gain I do not have a Dyno at my disposal or I would have done the gains per mod. Once I finally got the headers sealed and the idle back to normal I noticed a slight gain as well. Then the MAC intake just a bit of a gain.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome to the world of modified Explorers!

On the conservative side you are probably looking at a 15-20 h.p. gain. But mods like that are not only about horsepower rating and top speed. Throttle response and improved acceleration are definitely gained. You will also stand to gain more power by installing the computer chip and high performance mass air sensor.

Let me know when you want to improve your handling. We have a lot to offer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts