Explorer Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have an 01 exploder here with 90k miles. I’ve done up the sound system with a 12” in the back. Wanted to hear the engine better so I did a muffler delete and straight piped her to the welded chrome exhaust tip. (Yes I enjoy fast and loud) (as much as a V6 will let me) I will be posting my plans with it and I do have some questions I’ll post on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys. I have an 01 exploder here with 90k miles. I’ve done up the sound system with a 12” in the back. Wanted to hear the engine better so I did a muffler delete and straight piped her to the welded chrome exhaust tip. (Yes I enjoy fast and loud) (as much as a V6 will let me) I will be posting my plans with it and I do have some questions I’ll post on here.
CB411156-3D27-47CC-AC1E-ADB145837B90.jpeg
6A2CE242-5C94-49E0-A0C7-E4F3B95553A2.jpeg
F368A404-995A-4352-ADAC-3D56AE104486.jpeg
9A4DD618-D02B-4894-BDAD-7787C3FDCE3F.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
How good does it sound? I’ve wanted to do mine for a while but don’t know if I’ll like it or not. I want a little bit of rumble but nothing crazy loud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How good does it sound? I’ve wanted to do mine for a while but don’t know if I’ll like it or not. I want a little bit of rumble but nothing crazy loud.
It sounds so great! Not expensive at all (120) I didnt want it too loud either so no glass pack or expensive muffler. It’s definitely more raw and rumbly and sounds amazing when you put the petal to the metal! If you give it a quick single rev on a cold start sometimes you get some sputter sounds too! Sounds like a beast but not a monster if that makes any sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts