Explorer Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 02 Explorer this weekend for an oil change and they told me that the oil pan was rusting and needed replaced. Before I take this to get an estimate I wanted to check and see how difficult of a job this is and about what price I should expect to pay to replace the pan. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Easy as hell. You just need a gasket , replacement oil of course. The gasket will likely even come with a new washers for the oil pan bolt. Seems like there are six screws holding it in place. Probably will take you 30 min.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I forgot the other part of question. Login to partS.ford.com and you’ll see what they are going for at the dealer. If this is your first time ordering from them, I believe you’ll get $20 off your order. You won’t have to wait long on your order because you can select a local dealer and they’ll fedex it to you. I received my items the next day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I forgot the other part of question. Login to partS.ford.com and you’ll see what they are going for at the dealer. If this is your first time ordering from them, I believe you’ll get $20 off your order. You won’t have to wait long on your order because you can select a local dealer and they’ll fedex it to you. I received my items the next day.
True, if the order is more than $70.00. Explore4r oil pan for my 2002 to 2005 is $68.71. Gasket is $26.xx... Purchased together, they may qualify!

·
Registered
3 Posts
@southexp
What engine? Pan remove+replace on a V6~4.0L~SOHC is easy, assuming a warm+dry garage.
$20 for a Felpro gasket plus the cost of an oil+filter change, plus a couple of hrs of your labor.
$30 for a Fumoto drain valve to replace the drain bolt, for real easy future oil changes.
Your existing pan likely can be cleaned up with a wire brush & a can of black\gray primer.
How to remove oil pan, clean oil pump screen, & inspect for broken timing guides at
Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts