Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Eddie Bauer. I had some major overheating issues, now the motor is toast. I'm preparing to swap in another motor. My current motor is "K" motor. Is there a difference between the 4.0 motors in 2004? And is there anything I need to watch out for? Any advice would be super appreciated.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm only aware of one 4.0L in the 2004 models, but it was a transition year from 2003, moving to drive by wire throttle so you might want the same type of throttle body or to also switch over the wiring harness and ECM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Eddie Bauer. I had some major overheating issues, now the motor is toast. I'm preparing to swap in another motor. My current motor is "K" motor. Is there a difference between the 4.0 motors in 2004? And is there anything I need to watch out for? Any advice would be super appreciated.
On the 2000 to 2003 got vacuum Lin’s on the egr. Only. On the 2004it fly by wire throttle plate has the Fly by wire and idle control sensor built into it not like the 2000 to 2003 idle controls sensor on top of the intake platinum. And the three wire plug in on throttle plate has a electronic Cable Cord Go to Yahoo. Look up 2004 Ford explore 96 Engine swaps We went back to the 30 ponds injectors and wire adapter for the injector to plug in. We talked on how to change the engine over to a 96 Ford push rod Fly by wire muffler adapter motor mounts interchange .in a 2004 .onThe came synchronizer gear it to 3 wire take the 2cap and wire. Sauter two wires back together and plug in . Crank sensor interchange oil sending unit interchange the Nock sensor on the Sid of head .on the Power steering line is of a Sport Trac4.0. Ac line is off the 96 an pump an part line is 2004 and 96. Plugged in. To work. It all Fliy by Wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts