Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*SALE AS IS* The car has a busted head gasket. It will start but it cannot run. The interior and exterior is clean and virtually scratch free. The owner has a clean title.

Ford
Model:
Explorer
Year:
Trim Level:
Eddie Bauer 4.0L 2WD
Body Style:
SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
Manufactured In:
UNITED STATES
Transmission:
5-Speed Automatic
MPG Hwy:
MPG City:
Dealer Invoice:
$30,458
MSRP:
$33,655

Engine Type:
4.0L V6 SOHC 12V FFV
Driveline:
RWD
Ground Clearance:
Front Brake Type:
Disc
Rear Brake Type:
Disc
Anti-Brake System:
4-Wheel ABS
Standard Seating:
Optional Seating:
Tires:
245/65R17
Wheelbase:
Curb Weight:

You can contact me: [email protected]

404-378-3789

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Especially considering that it doesn't run, will need towed, you ought to mention the city/state.

A price might help too, and there's no way to be sure it's only a busted head gasket until it's pulled apart and a new gasket is thrown on to confirm that fixes it. Could be warped or cracked head or block, assuming a compression test was done and that indicates one or more cylinders are low.

For informational purposes unless it's a high rent area you can usually get a shop to do head gaskets for $800 or so including parts, but while it's apart it's usually a good idea to replace some plastic elbows, hoses (or they might break anyway), sensor or two, putting the cost a little higher.

Lastly if it were me, I'd remove the email address and have people forum PM message or call you as the contact because many 'bots scan the web just looking for email addresses then the spam really starts rolling in. One address that I had posted online (elsewhere, not on this 'site) for business reasons for only a few months, over a year ago, gets over 200 spams a day. Fortunately I have filters to weed them out as the service provider only made excuses why their supposedly working spam filters aren't effective.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I might add that you don't list the mileage either! You can expect the timing chains on the V-6 to need changing at around 125,000 to 150,000 miles. Requires an engine removal to change the ones on the back. Lots of coin.....and that curb weight!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts