Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where the A/C Condensate Drain is located? I have looked everywhere but can't locate it.

Have a wet carpet problem and the only thing it can be is that A/C drain as there is no puddle under the car even with A/C running.

Also is there an easy way to remove that plastic protector by the windshield wipers. Need to clean the pine needles out that have that panel jam packed full.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Not sure on an '04 but I'd start by looking for the coil behind the glovebox, in the AC box of course.

Otherwise I'd wonder if the leak could be coolant from the heater core, or a windshield leak.

I think the hood cowl around the wipers just snaps in but again I'm not sure on an '04... obviously if you see screws, remove them. It is probably a good idea to make sure the plastic is fairly warm so less brittle when you flex it to get it off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update to my questions

1. I was able to remove the wipers by releasing them and then pried up the plastic grill to remove it in two pieces. Cleaned all the pine needles which was about 2/3 of a 5 gallon plastic bucket. So that problem is resolved.

2. As far as the A/C Condenser drain goes, I think I located the drain coming out from the firewall above the transmission on the drivers side. Crawling under the vehicle I can now see it but I am not able to get a coat hanger or anything else in there to clean it out. It is a very tight spot and too small for my fingers to touch the drain. Anyone have any other suggestions as to how to get something up there to poke through the drain hole to clean it out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts