Explorer Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2016 Ford Explorer about eight months ago, when I bought it the battery was dead and they had to charge it. I made them replace it with a new motorcraft battery.
I had suspected it was doing this because of the passenger door lock was malfunctioning, the dealer I bought it at had it replaced.
I had hoped that would take care of the problem.
However now and again for no particular reason the battery will go dead and I don’t just mean a little bit dead I’m talking about down to 5.5 V.
I keep trying to figure out what it is that causes it to happen, I have unplugged relays and fuses and repluged them with my voltmeter between my cable and my post and have found nothing.
There is however one thing that I have noticed, whenever I go to the car wash or wash my vehicle here at home I noticed that the touchpad on the drivers door post starts flashing and blinking and the lights are going nuts on it.
Almost always after going to the car wash or my car being in water the battery will go dead shortly there after.
I’ve had it to the dealer several times and they say unless it’s causing a failure at the time they cannot find it. I have tried waiting this out to find out what is causing it when it finally breaks but nothing seems to be changing.
I have put a trickle charger on it since to see if that will help I don’t know what that will do any good but that does not fix the problem still.
If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help.
BTW, Before all this got started the battery was brand new

if the touch pad is bad can it be disabled??? I don’t use it anyway

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solar charger? The alarm led isn’t running battery down?
It is not the alarm LED discharging the battery and I do not have a solar charger however I do have a trickle charger on it now.
I found it anytime the drivers door gets wet the lock mechanism touchpad lights start flashing and the passenger drivers door mirror go in and out.
I unplugged the touchpad access I will get back and let you know if it helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts