Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Aviator/Navigator factory cover doesn't work, I was doing a little searching and found this: Don't let the roll pan stuff fool you:

http://www.streetsceneeq.com/product_list.asp?mi=8

No pic naturally, or price, but it's good to see something available. I'll do more research on this and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Great find! Here's how it looks on the 3rd generation Expeditions, so we can only assume the product design for Explorers is basically identical:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, that's an even better find! Now I need to get a cost on this part. I think this is something EE or Flik should carry for us!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I think you'll see FLIK carry this before EE will. But then again, who knows. It's been my experience dealing with both that FLIK will get you pretty much whatever you want and also whatever seems to be available for Explorers in general. Whereas, EE is very selective and will usually only carry specific products. Two very different businesses! Just my two cents, sorry for rambling LOL

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
$89.95 at StylinConcepts.com.

OR $219.95 with backup sensors (apparently a Street Scenes aftermarket system)

I bet FLIK could beat that

I'd like to know how they attach - sometimes I actually use my hitch (Gasp!!!)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, Jeff, you beat me to it. I found $89.00 as well. Not cheap, but not outrageous either.

I think it is an easy on easy off type of thing, so you can still use your hitch whenever you like.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I read that they install using existing hitch pin.
That's easy enough.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Okay, I read that they install using existing hitch pin.
? That's easy enough.

Cool. Even I could figure that out. Why don't you order one up, paint it "Silver Birch Clearcoat", decide you don't like it, and I'll give you forty bucks for it, since it would be "used", and thats about what I'd be willing to pay for one.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[..]

Cool. ?Even I could figure that out. Why don't you order one up, paint it "Silver Birch Clearcoat", decide you don't like it, and I'll give you forty bucks for it, since it would be "used", and thats about what I'd be willing to pay for one.

Only if you do the same, but make yours Black clearcoat.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
8O great find guys.....who will be the first on here to do it

Oh and Jeff is correct, 98x50, paint that thing silver burch, sell it to Jeff and then I am going to trade Jeff my cladding and bumpers so it wont cost me anything :dance2:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Darn it, Brad, you can't have em.

If I were going to give you my bumpers, they would have been in that big ass box with the grille!!!!
Probably would have fit!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
:werd: I think you are right, you could have fit half of a X in that box

I guess I will use that box to ship you the grey cladding

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
What are you guys swapping? Just curious.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I want Jeff's lower cladding that is the same color as my X

well...so far I cant talk him out of them

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Brad has some brainy idea that if I pull all the "silver birch" trim off my Limited, he could put it on his 'silver birch' XLT, and voila - instant monotone. In exchange, he's offered me all the dark platinum trim off his XLT, which would make my Limited resemble an XLT. I'm, ummmm, still thinking about it. Or not

I did, however, sell him my silver grill, which would look smokin hot on his truck, only we'll never know, because he's going to chop it all up and stick a speed grill in it. I had to ship it in a giant Gibson exhaust box, so I really could have gotten a buttload of other stuff in there with it.

He's probably writing his version of the story right now, too, so it will be interesting to see how close it is. We didn't get a chance to coordinate our testimony ahead of time. :roll:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
But seriously, Brad, I really like your truck the way it is.

And when you get all those speed grilles in, and the custom fog light grilles, it will be hands down the coolest Explorer in the greater Tri-State area. Which, of course, it already is.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Well it didnt hurt to ask

Thanks Jeff..I just wish the grilles would get here

1 - 20 of 34 Posts