Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Explorin
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:shootself::shootself::shootself:Ok story from a-z (btw im new to this forum). (this is on a 99 eddie bauer 5.0)I got the correct wiring harness to put an aftermarket stereo in. I unhooked the stock one, replaced got all the wires matched up (i've installed a lot of stereo's) point being everything was alright. It started up radio worked fine. Went for a ride, came back parked. Shut off car, came back out 15 min later went to turn key and everything else worked but the car wouldnt start. not even CRANK. Also instead of that constant dinging when the door and key in ign. deal it beeps 3 times then pauses a sec. the theft like just flashes on and off not rapid flashing fast or anything, ive tried resetting the battery, about every other trick you can do, lock car, unlock from outside, clean battery(which is wierd everything has plenty of power, even jumped it, and it was not dead have a nice Optima) typed in code to get in that way, tried using other key. I dont have a keyless pad so. but tried everything. Now a hour or two after i did this, i decided to put everything back, everything is exactly where it was how it was, as if it were never touched. It still does the same thing. Am i going to have to pay 200 something dollars to get this fixed, or is there a way around this or any idea whats goin on??(also, after trying with the key a few times ill shift it, and the key will come out and i can turn the ignition without the key in it... wtf?? -- i just bought this its my first ford, not even 2 months ago, never had a problem with it.... **ALSO just my LEFT brake light will blink and the hazard nor nothing is on, when i shut the door or open the door. could this just be a relay and which one? or a solenoid maybe?

·
Explorin
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AHhhh this iS DRIvin me nuts! is it the starter or theft mode, left lights flash only the hazards turn on, what is going onnnn wont crank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts