Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are There any designs in the works for a 1st Gen cowl hood, or any after market hood for the 1st gens? If not, I propse a full length 2" tall Cowl Hood, or just a smooth hood, like off the 2nd Gen X's, without all the creases and everything. Just a thought, and thanks for your time.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
thanks Chica!! I take that as a compliment and I really want one.

:trophy:

LOL Sorry, couldn't resist :box:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'm hoping that Johnny V. gets on here on gives me some good news, b/c once I get my 302 stroked out to a 383 with a blower on it.... I'll need that taller hood. :angelfix:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
:word:

Hell yeah. You'll be a force to be reckoned with on AND offroad.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, I know, the only problem is that I am doing that AFTER I do the SAS, and I'm not doing the SAS until AFTER I graduate college, which is in 4 Years!!! Ahh!! I can't wait that long!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry about the delayed response. I have been wicked busy since returning from the SEMA Show. I have a cowl hood for the 91-94 Explorer that is very similar to this picture. It is a functional reinforced fiberglass cowl hood for $380 + $29 crate fee + shipping.

I will try to come up with a better picture. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sweet john!!!! umm.... do they come primed and ready to paint, or do you paint them... or what are the options on that. And also, how is the fit when closed? pretty close, or is there a possibility of a little shaving. oh!! and how tall is the cowl?? 2"? Thanks for you response, and I completely understand on the delay, as long as we can all see some pics of the trip. lol. well, thanks again for your response. I love your company.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That hood would look awsome on your X Ryan.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts