Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up,

I need some bass for my truck but I can't give up any space in the back. I have a large dog who likes to ride in the back and I don't want him losing space or stepping all over my amps or stuff. I saw some of those stealth boxes in a crutchfield and just wondered who makes em and which ones are good. I read on here some of you talking about a few but no one has compared them to anything. Those of you with them where did you put your amps at also....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
JL Audio makes the Best One loaded with a 10W1 sub. You can always upgrade it to a more powerful sub. Visit jlaudio.com and look at them. You can also look at my cardomain page and see my JL Stealth Box Setup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does something like that cost I didn't find any price on their site.

It looks like you put the amp under the back seat does the seat touch it when you put the seat down.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I have a JL Audio Vantage box. It came without a sub in it but they don't make those anymore I think. I suggest you get a JL Stealthbox and pull out the 10W1 and put a more powerful sub in there. My Vantage cost me $180 but I think the stealthbox is more than that. I got mine from my local car stereo shop and put an Image Dynamics ID10 in it. It's great. As for the amp, you could mount it under the rear seat with no problems. The seats will fold no problem. Also, I have pics of my setup in my gallery. Just click my WWW button.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
no, the seat does not touch it at all. I recoment you not put the amp by the sub behind the console. if it were to catch on fire you would be screwed. You can maybe get one for 250 to 300 off ebay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do those sound I used tohave a hatchback with the trunk filled by a large box and a big sub that would hit nice and low and hard. Hard ehough that I had to tighten things back up on the inside about every six months or so.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
They hit decent and dont really raddle at all. Its nice tight bass. I put a clean 300 watts bridged to mine. It only accepts 150 watts max for the sub, But I dont turn the amp up all the way. Its better to over power then underpower

·
Registered
368 Posts
aah.. i dunno how to quote but:

Its better to over power then underpower

this is FALSE! well true to a point.. that point being after blowing 3 subs, and having to recone one on the way to a competition cuz u turned it too high at a stop light with 2 hot ladies. ;)

anyways!!! keep it underpowered, u'll never blow an underpowered sub! i think lol

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well, Dont turn up the amp all the way. Then you are fine with a higher amp. If you have aunderpowered amp going to the subs they are not geting the power they need

1 - 11 of 11 Posts