Explorer Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
If you could find them, are you sure you want them, they are an eye sore IMO. Most people that have bought them keep them for a little while, and then they realize they look like crap.

What color is your x, that makes a very big difference in how they look.

White or silver they look ok.

Dark color, red, black, blue, green, they are way too noticeable.

Just my opinions on them, but could also save you 150 bucks.

Someone here will know where to get them.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Well, you may be ok then, but i'd search the cardomain and find a white truck with them, before you buy.

But with your other rides listed, you look like a guy that knows motors and performance(compliment), and people like that generally stay away from the ricer look.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I bought altezzas, had them installed for about four months max, and then I ended up tossing them. Just don't like the look it gives nor the negative attention. Plus the build quality is horrible. You will always have problems with water leaking into the light and then condensation forms, killing the look even more. They're garbage through and through, IMO, and a ton of wasted money. Mine were like $170 when I first bought them, and now the same thing sells for like ~90. I wouldn't pay more than ten dollars for a set now.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'll agree with ya'll I hate the way those damn things look IMO, People seem to think they look good on every car and truck and they really dont, expecially when they are on mustangs.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I don't associate euro lights with clears, i consider them altezza'a.

To me, clears are clears.

Clears are ok on white and silver only.

On Every other color they look terrible.

·
Registered
107 Posts
not a fan of clears, euros, altezzas, etc. and i agree that color of the car plays a big role. -just my 2 cents. the worst has to be a lime green vw new beetle w/ those metroid-like pod looking altezza tails i see around town...yuck! there's a 4th gen. canarie yellow explorer by me w/ clear taillights, kinda weird. i had a vw jetta w/ the headlights taken apart w/ just the top and bottom painted black internally to give it a subtle phantom tinted look if anyone wants to get creative and try it w/ an explorer, might look good on a black explorer, but might take away from the lighting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts