Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
OK. I'll give this a shot.

1. I've never seen a "BBK intake" but his intake is EXACTLY like my MAC intake, except with a round filter:

2. The "Saleen" intake looks exactly like mine with an Ebay-bought Saleen plaque on it.

3. He says the air intake is "connected to a cold air tube that runs to the opening in my bumper". That's funny because you can see the filter so where's this tube that runs to the bumper?

I think it looks pieced together, which it was. It looks like a normal X with a bunch of add ons, almost rice-like, especially the rear. It's not a bad looking X but I don't think you can compare it to a Saleen at all. He does get an A for effort, though.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
No way is it even close to an authentic Saleen XP8. Prototype my ass. What a poor attempt at a XP8 clone. I can't stand these wannabes who make such horrid attempts at a beautiful vehicle, and then have the nerve to pass it off as a Saleen which is definitely is not.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The thing that gets me is that it looks like he's straight out lying about it. I mean, that's a MAC intake so why call it something else? Or the part about the intake manifold. I don't believe any of that.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I flat out am not a fan of most replicas, especially ones with the Saleen name on them.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I will say this though. I do like how he painted the plastic pieces on the front bumper to match the color of the x, other then that, I agree with everyone

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I especially like the fact that his naturally aspirated 5.0 chirps between 1st and 2nd. I had a 351 in my ole Bronco that almost would.
With a shift kit and 2WD that could be possible but he said he has AWD which I doubt very much he could do that with. And with the way this guy is lying out his @ss, he may not even have AWD.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I've seen worse, but the billet gas cap is what stands out to me. I freaken hate those things, people pay good money to hide the gas cover, and this guy essentuates it on a dark color.

You can get away with it on white or silver, but that's about it. If you like the design, powdercoat it the same color as your truck.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ahh......I was awaiting your presence.

Funny, that's what stood out to me at first, the gas cap.Then I saw so many other things wrong I forgot to mention it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
you know, i don't blame the guy for trying, i blame his for lying.
Exactly. That's what I said. He gets an A for effort but the rest....forget it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
This one is pretty bad but not as bad as that 3rd gen we saw a month or so ago
3rd gen? Do tell...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't seem to find the tread but it was a white 3rd gen w/the Saleen mustang pedals that where alittle to small. He is on car domain. I'll look again

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I think I'm starting to remember...Was that the one who glued Mustang Saleen pedals on there?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
yea, I remember that pretty well
The X may look good, but its only a poser and I dont like that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts