Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: I just tried to find a catback for my 98 XSport with a dual inlet, Can not find one. I did call Mac exaust they told me maybe a couple of month. Help !!!! Maybe if more people call they will get on the ball sooner. Whatcha think. :!:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Check with Borla or Gibson.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I think this is the same issue Rob has encountered - and I don't think he's found anybody that makes one for the dual inlet. You might check with him

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I've had no luck. You just need to buy the mufflers seperately and have a good shop fabricate the piping. That's your only option. Borla USED to make a dual inlet stainless steel catback but they discontinued it over 2 years ago at the minimum. Why, I don't know.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You're better off doing it that way, anyway. Most likely it'll be cheaper and you'll get to choose what pipe diameter you want. I've seen Flowmaster mufflers for $38 (40 series) and I can't imagine the pipe work would be much more than $150.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What i might do is find a used late model 99 or 00 XSport, And buy the Ypipe & Cats. Then i could get an exuast. I'm going to a junk yard friday.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i just got of the phone with Mac Exhuast again. For my 98 XSport SOHC. That makes 4 calls. They are going to call me tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
since this is an exhaust forum for a 98 sport and i have a 97. Maybe i could get help here. If i buy a borla single in dual out muffler will that work?

·
Registered
94 Posts
More than likely not. since you might have dual going into a single out. You might want to go to modern exhaust.

Since your from Michigan. His name is AL. there in madison heights. E-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you the phone number. also I have pics on the exhaust work that he did...............Take a look...........Custom jobs are always( in my opion ) better anyway. You get what you want. Not well I'll settle for that.............

·
Registered
37 Posts
i had the same prob too. (99 Sport) I went down to local muffler shop and had em throw in v force muffler (like same as FM 40) dual in dual out chrome tips :/ 350 in the end. Its auesome now though sounds freegin pissed. Had a guy in a lexus honk and
to me today. dunno if thats n e help

·
Registered
123 Posts
im having this same problem. ive had a gibson exhaust sitting in my basement for over a month, waiting to find the time to put it on. went to put it on last weekend to realize i have the same problem with the dual inlet.

im wondering if i took that gibson exhaust to a shop, would they be able to fab me up a Y piece to make this work? either that or ill have to send the exhaust back, hopefully they refund my money, and get a complete custom setup done.

anyone think they'll just be able to fab up a Y piece to the gibson setup?

·
Registered
37 Posts
im sure they have a y pipe they can get ya. i used to have one on a fm 40 series but i wanted more noise so i had it redone again. its all just preference.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah, the pipe diameters are 2.25

i just went to a shop to find out if they can fab up a Y pipe.

i need to find out the total length the Y needs to be and measure from center to center of the cat pipes.

i dont know how to do this without actually installing at least the gibson muffler to take measurements.

can anyone help me on this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts