Explorer Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey their i'm looking at buying a gen 1 explorer sport and would like to install a gt-40 crate engine from ford into the explorer with a aod. My question is will I be abel to use the motor mounts from the 1996 up v8 explorers to do this swap. Also i'm gonna have to get a computer recalibrated as well corecct. I"m gonna upgrade the front brakes with better calipars and slotted rotors as well i'm gonna install a 3" exhaust and would a set of mustang bullits black. Gonna put a bigger front and rear sway bar on it as well. I would like to make it sit level front and back how do i lower a explorer say a 2-3 anyone have pics also. I"m also gonna install 3:73's and a posi and make a roll pan as well for it. Going to try and run low 12's in the explorer.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey whats up! Sounds like you got major plans. Welcome to ExplorerX! I'm sure you'll find this site quite useful! The man who can really tell you all you need to know is John Vanek from Explorer Express. He's a member here, "JohnV" - he'll be able to give you advice on practically anything you need! I'm in the dark when it comes to 1st generation Explorers for the most part!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts