Explorer Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I have a nice 1996 XLT, 4.0L 4X4 and having a hard time fixin a constant “on” dash light. I did as much as I could do physically, checking sensor plugs, and replaced the rear diff speed sensor hoping for a miracle. I tested the front sensors with a digital ohm meter and bother were within an ohm of easy other, 484 and 485, so they are either both good or both bad. Well no luck eitherway.
Bought myself a fancy Bluetooth code reader that could read ABS codes and the darn thing comes back with just the code C1206 (Psm). That’s all!
Is there anybody out there that has had a similar code come up and what, other than change out the whole ABS module , or is there something on the module that can be replaced. Can’t afford a new one, but looks like I can pick up one off of eBay for about a hundred.
I could really live without ABS, but that darn light has me looking all the time at it. Looks way to much like the check engine light and we’ve all been there a few times!
Thanks for any tips or tricks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you mean your abs light is always on? Mine comes on intermittently. I have a 95 xlt. I love to know the solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey y’all, I have a nice 1996 XLT, 4.0L 4X4 and having a hard time fixin a constant “on” dash light. I did as much as I could do physically, checking sensor plugs, and replaced the rear diff speed sensor hoping for a miracle. I tested the front sensors with a digital ohm meter and bother were within an ohm of easy other, 484 and 485, so they are either both good or both bad. Well no luck eitherway.
Bought myself a fancy Bluetooth code reader that could read ABS codes and the darn thing comes back with just the code C1206 (Psm). That’s all!
Is there anybody out there that has had a similar code come up and what, other than change out the whole ABS module , or is there something on the module that can be replaced. Can’t afford a new one, but looks like I can pick up one off of eBay for about a hundred.
I could really live without ABS, but that darn light has me looking all the time at it. Looks way to much like the check engine light and we’ve all been there a few times!
Thanks for any tips or tricks
LOL, I know what you mean about a dash light on while driving! The code you posted C1206 is an ABS Rear Isolation Valve Circuit Failure: C1206 Code - ABS Rear Isolation Valve Circuit Failure
If you still can't figure it out, just remove the ABS bulb from the dash:

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts