Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are excited to announce a complete shock and spring package with adjustable ride height capabilities for the 02-04 X's with independent rear suspension. We will carry this set up by KW Suspension when it is released after the first of the year. This is a tuned coil over suspension system that features factory bushings, teflon seals, high tensile racing springs, aluminum collars and polished Inox stainless steel construction. The shock dampning is preset for optimal handling and ride quality. This set up allows you to adust your drop from 1" to 2.75"! This is the high tech way to get a serious drop and still achieve good ride quality and handling. This company has a lot of experience with independent suspensions in European cars. They also offer a lift kit that will give a 1" - 2.50" lift. This is the best way to lower or lift an Explorer or Aviator with independant suspension.

High tech suspension components that get good results do not come cheap. The lift kit & lowering kit will have a list price of $1395.

Our introductory price will be $1299 here at Explorer Express. We will install it on our new 2004 Supercharged X in January. We will have more pics and feedback at that time. You can also expect it to be featured in Truckin SUV Magazine!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
WOW! Now if someone did this for the 95-01 Explorers that would be a goldmine! Heck who am I kidding THIS will be a goldmine for the new generation Explorers! This is really fantastic to just read, I can't even imagine seeing it installed and even better testing it out on the road!

This I imagine is going to be one heck of a showcase item for Explorer Express to sell!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that is awsome!!! I can tell that there are going to be many happy 3rd. gen. owners. That is a great system. If I had a 3rd. gen 4-door and $1300 to plop down, I would definately be all over that. EE should make a fortune from those!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Finally an answer to my prayers! I was real close to doing a custom air ride install for around $3000 just because I wanted the rear to sit a little lower! This is very cool.

Is KW suspensions the same group that did the CGS Motorsports Explorer? Is this the same setup?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Whoa, that is too cool.

Who wants to explain to my wife why I really, really should have this? Especially after she walked in the house tonight and tripped over the big box that the Gibson exhaust arrived in this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Explorer Express, what about the older generation? are we not worthy?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are indeed worthy. That is why we developed the X-Spec Suspension Package. You would not believe the potential that your Mountaineer Has.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I remember seeing a 4-door Explorer at the LA autoshow last year in the Pepboys booth that had that suspension. It was lifted a little instead of lowered. It seemed really odd that it was KW suspensions since they usually only deal with european cars. I tried getting more info on the suspension at the show, but no one had any idea what I was talking about. I guess it took them a full year to get it out to market since the 2004 LA autoshow is just around the corner. Just thought I'd share this with you guys.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for sharing boss. I knew there were a few show vehicles out there with the KW setup. We are going to help them launch the Explorer, Escape, Expedition (F-150) line.

By the way. Does the boss1102 user name have anything to Boss Mustangs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts