Explorer Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This set up is about a 18 months old and is in perfect cosmetic and operational condition. I had them installed in my Grand Cherokee and pulled them out before I turned it in. This is a MP3 compatible headunit as well.

The head unit was hooked up to two JL amps and was never run under it's own power. I have the manual for the head unit as well as the faceplate case and remote control.

I also have the AiNet cable somewhere that connects the XM tuner to the headunit.

I thought I would list it here before I put it on eBay. I'll sell them both for $350.00 plus shipping.

Here are some pic's

Chad

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
How much for just the Alpine headunit?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Oh, come on, Rob. Satellite radio is all that, and a bag of chips.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Let me see how much I can sell my existing Pioneer for, and then I will decide.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob,

For the head unit alone, I'd say 180.00? But Jeff is right, It's all that and a bag of chips!

Let me know.

Chad

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Could I use that headunit to use Sirius instead of XM? Personally I've only heard amazing things about Sirius, and that its actually preferred over XM.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I had XM in a couple of cars, and I liked it a lot.

Then when I put the new system in the Explorer, I went to the Clarion head unit, which is Sirius compatible, so I switched to Sirius. Found out I liked Sirius better.

Now XM is making some big changes, like all commercial free music channels, so the differences between the two seem to be lessening a lot. My old XM tuner is now in my wife's Jeep, so we still know what's new with XM.

I personally like the programming on Sirius better. But there are a lot of loyal XM people who would never have anything else. For those of you in major urban areas, XM's network of ground based signal repeaters is supposed to be very good.

Alpine has always been an XM ally. The Alpine tuners, which are the only ones you can use with an Alpine head unit, are XM. You could do an external unit, but that would make no sense with a satellite capable head unit. So pretty much if you want Alpine, you get XM.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have both currently. The XM is in the Mountaineer and the Sirius in my wifes Outback. I like XM better but I think the only reason is that I had it 1st and I listen to it more than Sirius. They are both way better than local radio here in Pittsburgh. And this head unit with or without the XM tuner will amaze with it's features and sound quality. I had to think long and hard about weather to install it in the Mountaineer or not. The only reason I chose not to was that I want to keep it clean and stock looking inside and out. All mod's will be very well consealed.

Chad

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey Chad, not out of loss of interest but due to some tight funds I'm going to pass. A couple other things popped up that take preference over this, so sorry but I'm out
This is an incredible deal though especially with the XM tuner, wish I had just a little more cash.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Some of us were starting to wonder if that pile of auto parts in your room included a printing press where you were making all the money for this incredible string of mods, Rob.

Takes a little of the suspicion off if you have to pass up one now and then. :uhoh:

But seriously, you've got so much great stuff going on with your X, you're making the rest of us jealous

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Some of us were starting to wonder if that pile of auto parts in your room included a printing press where you were making all the money for this incredible string of mods, Rob. ?
?

Takes a little of the suspicion off if you have to pass up one now and then. :uhoh: ?

But seriously, you've got so much great stuff going on with your X, you're making the rest of us jealous

:rofl2: :stupid:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problemo! I'm gonna give it a day or two here and then toss it up on eBay...I have had an awesome eBay day today, I made more money there today than I did at work last month
And everything I sold with exception of my pocket pc was just collecting dust in our storage unit or my garage!

Chad

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, now all I have to do is find a way to spend it without any "direction" from my wife... I'm thinking Helwig stabilzer and a custom 3" exhaust for the Mountie and the rest to the Jeep fund. I'll most likely get caught though. But my motto is: "It's easier to beg for forgivness than to ask for permission and be denied"

It's a good thing she loves me

Chad

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think that its a great deal, my alpine cda 7995 cost me $300 new and this is a steal for $180. I have had no problems with my Alpine, and would buy another one anyday. (Although I don't need another one right now)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
96Exploder, I know this really is one hell of a deal. I'm so pissed that right now I'm strapped for cash. I want to buy this pretty damn bad! If it were a month from now it'd be mine.

I'm going to see how much I can sell my Pioneer for...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts