Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is a bunch of pics.. There are way too many mods to list here (im lazy and dont feel like typing them all up). But here is the basics:

*Lowered 2"

*20" Mondera B-52's

*Monster Stereo System

*K&N FIPKII

*Flowmaster Delta 40 w. custom catback system

*Billet Grill

*Clear Corners

*Monotoned

*Tinted Windows

*Debadged

*Custom Taillights

*Some interior stuff...

*Acc. Lighting

*blah blah blah blah

Tomorrow ill also be ordering the EE xspec rear sway bar along with a full set of the edelbrock IAS shocks for lowered X's from John V. over at www.explorerexpress.com IM excited about that as well :)

And the pics:

And some stereo stuff...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
awesome!
loving the sub box, you bulid it yourself? I'm looking to do something custom like that in my X.

But yah those are some sweet pic's there.

Oh yah and Welcome to explorerX

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Anabolic, WELCOME! I was hoping eventually at some point you'd register over here. It's great to see you here! I totally love your X and I've never seen your custom box, it looks incredible! Did you build it yourself? How much did it cost?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Welcome to ExplorerX!!!
I must say that I love the color of your X. Everything on it seems absolutely perfect. It's beautiful!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Allie - No i didnt make the subbox myself. I dont have the time to take on such big projects. It would take me a years worth of my freetime to build one :-(

Rob - The box with vinyl work and all that cost about 500$... 300$ of that was just for the vinyl work. The vinyl work was done by a local upholstery shop that specializes in the custom HotRods :) All the seams are stitched so that they match the stitching on the leather seats in the car. Building the box was the simplest part, it was the vinyl work that was the hard part. The amprack is also removable so that the amps can be easily adjusted or swapped out.. I really like it. The guys at the stereo shop did a wonderful job.. And i worked closely with them on the whole design of it.

Ted - I think i like your color better :) Im bringing my X back into the paint shop next wed. to have my mirrors painted blue to match, along with some of the interior stuff. When i originally had it monotoned i wasnt sure if it would look good to have the mirros painted. BUT!! after seeing how your X turned out with mirrors painted.. i just hafta have it done!

03ExplorerSPT - Wow, thanks.. but i wouldnt say its perfect lol! Its a constant work in progress :) I have to agree with you tho, the Medium Wedgewood blue is nice.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Thats sick man! I didn't even notice the stitching that matches the leather seats. Can you say "custom"??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
***Update***

I called Explorer Express (sorry JohnV, u werent around so i couldnt chat with ya) And ordered a full set of the IAS shocks and the Xspec sway bar (at the special explorertalk.com priceing WHOOHOO). I also ordered the custom bumpstops as well.

Best part.. It should all be here next Tuesday!! YAY.. Better ride and handling - here i come

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats sick man! I didn't even notice the stitching that matches the leather seats. Can you say "custom"?? ?
?
?
Yeah its a subtle touch, but well worth it IMO. Every edge has the stitching on, even the whole amp rack. Here are some closeups of the stitching

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wow that is awesome. Man I really glad that you mentioned that you were able to take advantage of the ExplorerX.com exclusive price, I would've said man, why didn't you mention you were a member here and get the discount?

I think it's so cool that people are saving money because of this site!
John V. gives us the major hookups!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Nice, that's the first time i've seen the tailights done like that and liked it, it works better with a dark color.

Don't like the offset ford emblem on the front though.

Very tastefully done truck.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nice to see you over here. I've seen your truck on the Explorer Forums and have enjoyed seeing it's progression. Looking great!
Your going to love that X-Spec suspension.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im in the proccess of installing it now.

All the stuff showed up yesterday evening. I put the swaybar on last night, which is a pretty quick install. But the shocks and bump stops are a little more intesive. My car is in the paintshop right having some interior stuff painted to match the exterior. They should be done friday.. then i can install the shocks and stuff this weekend :)
:).

and..... hopefully by then the snow on the roads will have melted off so i can test its new cornering abilities YAY!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Let me know how the total install goes as I'm going to be doing the exact same thing in about a week or so! That's awesome that you're getting some interior pieces painted as well to match the exterior. Your truck is like a 2nd gen MadRooster!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice to see you over here.
You just convinced me to go monotone with my truck.

hopefully by then the snow on the roads will have melted off so i can test its new cornering abilities YAY!

How the hell do you keep your truck so clean with all that snow and red stuff they put all over the roads? I drove my X up to Bend for Thanksgiving and it was all covered with red mud.

Let me know how the new suspension kit works out for you. I'm thinking about doing the same after the holidays.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts