Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

By this weekend, I should be back up and running. Just hope everything goes alright - and NO MORE BROKEN BOLTS!!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Oh my god! Looks like you have one hell of a project on your hands!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my god! Looks like you have one hell of a project on your hands!!!

Lets see...

Laying on the table:

-E303 cam

-1.6 roller rockers w/ strings, retainers, etc.

-Eaton supercharger with hardware

-waterpump

-all the extra trimmings (throttle body, intake, etc)

-New Valve Covers

-Edelbrock shocks

-New pillar and pods for 3 gauges (I broke my other 3)

-Dress up kit

-Fuel filter

-NGK Irridium plugs

-Autovation pedal covers

In the basement (getting ready for paint):

-Front bumper - getting ready for fabbed fascia w/ EE X-Spec airdam

-Rear bumper - in the process of fabbing fascia

-Kia Sedona Spoiler - needs trimming to fit hatch

-EE X-Spec grille

Yeah - I guess I got to get working....
8)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
When you're done, how about a trip to Myrtle Beach? 8)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
What Eric is really thinking:

"When you're done, how about a trip to Myrtle Beach to help me move in to my new house?"

:devilgrin:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What Eric is really thinking:

"When you're done, how about a trip to Myrtle Beach to help me move in to my new house?"

More like this:

"When you're done, how about a trip to Myrtle Beach to help me install a cam and roller rockers."

The house isn't going to be a problem because all the bedroom furniture is getting trashed (I just finished staining a new dresser and I'm now working on the nightstands) and the couch is also getting trashed and most of our stuff is still packed from Labor Day weekend when we last moved.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
8O wow you have youre hands full, that X is going to be awesome when it's done

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WilsonTheDog said:
[..]

More like this:

"When you're done, how about a trip to Myrtle Beach to help me install a cam and roller rockers."

Tell you what....

I will be in Atlanta the weekend of May 28th. Meet me there, and I'll help you... You supply the beverages though...

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Look at all the pretty stuff!! I have no idea what all that stuff is with the exception of the valve cover and the cam.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Seems that Ford's weak link is the bottom end after adding more oomph! to the top end of the engine so Cobra good luck with that and I hope that nothing bad occurs after it is all said and done. I will hopefully have my X back with a new trans in it in another week. Depends if these morons can find the drum.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
maybe I missed something, but what ever happened to the turbo set-up you were gonna do??
Good point. Any reason for going this route over the turbo? I assume you feel like I do, a built engine would be more reliable than a turbo set up. I was never a fan of the turbo idea anyway but was interested to see how it worked out.

Are you going to dyno this afterwards, btw?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
maybe I missed something, but what ever happened to the turbo set-up you were gonna do??
Good point. Any reason for going this route over the turbo? I assume you feel like I do, a built engine would be more reliable than a turbo set up. I was never a fan of the turbo idea anyway but was interested to see how it worked out.

Are you going to dyno this afterwards, btw?
I probably missed it but I don't remember CobraXP wanting to do a turbo setup, I think you guys are thinking of SteedaExplorer who was pretty much set on doing a turbo/nitrous setup.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Cobra mentioned waaaaay back that he was going turbo. Matter of fact, I think Steeda even mentioned Cobra when he was talking about doing it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The turbo idea went wayside a while back. At least until this engine quits. To use a turbo on an Explorer and really see the gains, you have to change just about everything on an Explorer engine - compression, electronics, etc. I know some of the guys are doing it, but they cannot get into rpm range with an Explorer computer that is really beneficial for having a turbo. I have met a guy named Erik in Salt Lake that builds custom turbo kits - and I have to say he does a hell of a job. Once this engine quits and the crate engine I have gets put in - I may get him to build a custom turbo setup for it, because I will be running Mustang electronics by then and can do more.

As far as this engine now - I hope to have the cam and roller rockers done tonight. Some of you may know Matt - he goes by Nitrous SSC on Rick's site - he is coming over tonight to help me try and get it done faster. After tonight, it will probably take me another night to get the Eaton and other things on. Then this weekend, it will get broke in with a trip to the mountains and Bear Lake...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts