Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
oooooo spinners.

Thats actually a decent color, not a bad X.

Dont like the spinners, and I noticed that they have to different wheels pictured??

The interior looks aight.... I kinda likes

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I love:

- Exterior paint job (WOW someone got it right! The gray and blue works perfect together)

- Clearcorners/billet grilles/painted mirrors

- I like the painted interior pieces but I would prefer to have them sent to Phoenix Imaging...bottomline though is that I like it and I could live with it just the way it is if I had to

- The wheels...from the picture Matt posted they "bling bling" but on one of the side angle shots you can see the wheels better and I think they look great

- Programmable tag box....I see them on BMW's a lot and they are sweet as hell

"Questionable"

- Navigator license plate box area with exposed lights....looks good, but i'd want to see a complete rear end shot to definitely tell for sure. He should've also had the Lincoln logo sanded out, buffed and re-chromed

Don't like:

- Interior seats re-upholstered in blue and gray leather.....the interior pieces that are painted the blue look great but by doing the seats as well, it kills it

- Spinners

Overall I really love this Sport and if they tuned down the interior a bit then they would've had this "perfect"....This is a customized Sport I'd buy off of eBay. My only issue is this: "Programable tag bracket (scrolling words to whatever you program it to say) $150.00".....that price seems really low. It's been a very long time but I was following a bunch of DTM forums and some people were getting them done to their BMW's and I swore they paid around $500-1000 for it. If it was only $150 I sure as hell would have it done to mine.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Dont like the spinners, and I noticed that they have to different wheels pictured??

I thought the same but then I figured out that the front end shot that Matt posted has the spinners ON, and from what I can tell, the side angle shots has the spinners removed. Much better without the spinners.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The actual display with the cable and computer program can be bought for about $100 dollars, just say one actually the "Hamboree" show(annual CB Radio show).

·
Registered
566 Posts
If it was only $150 I sure as hell would have it done to mine.

What the heck do you need that for??

So you can write "GET OFF MY ASS" or "YOUR TRUCK SUCKS"??
Just kidding..

IMO i really dont see the need for something like that.. maybe its just me

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
What the heck do you need that for?? ?

So you can write "GET OFF MY ASS" or "YOUR TRUCK SUCKS"?? ? Just kidding.. ?

IMO i really dont see the need for something like that.. maybe its just me

You don't need it at all, its all show. I would only ever use it if I was at a car show. How slick would it be to see "Visit explorertalk.com" or something on the back?

·
Registered
566 Posts
ohh ok i was thinking something like driving around with it flashing quotes.

But yeah that would be sweet to have for a car show...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
ohh ok i was thinking something like driving around with it flashing quotes.

But yeah that would be sweet to have for a car show...
Oh, no. First of all I think it'd be impossible to drive and randomly type some random thing nor would anyone even pay attention to it. I'm sure cops would be all over me as well because it is a distraction to myself as a driver and everyone else on the road.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
The only thing I like about that is the exterior paint. But I must give credit for all the work that has been put into it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I actually like that.

What I don't like about the auction itself is it seems this another guy who doesn't understand that all those mods only lower the value, not increase it.

Also, this statement is completely untrue:

2001 FORD EXPLORER SPORT! LIST NEW @ OVER $30,000
My Limited new was $34,000 so there's no way a Sport is going to be over $30,000.

I just checked and an '01 Sport list price was $21,675 - $24,695.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Actually the sticker on my was $31,xxx. ?It all depends on what you get on them.

And your location. Let's face it you'll pay a lower price for one in say, Georgia then you would in L.A....L.A. of course having a higher average spending per capita ratio....more dispensible income...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't see how that could be. There's nothing you can get in them that a Limited doesn't have and then some. I'm assuming you might mean MSRP. I don't know what that was but the list price I got off of Epinions.com. Now, maybe if it's 4X4 I could see but he doesn't state that.

BTW, I'm not doubting you BM.I just find it hard to believe that a Sport is going to cost as much as a Limited.

G

·
So our '02 wasn't worth $32,xxx new cuz it wasn't a Limited?

Why does everything have to be a competition?

Very nicely done Explorer though. I love the paint. But the wheels are too big.

EDIT- The interior is very nice! I love the rear license plate frame/backup lights too! Geeze everyone is painting their dash now, geeze! I'm not sure if its still 4WD but the knob is on the dash.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Why does everything have to be a competition? ?

I don't get what you mean? And I also think you're misunderstanding what we're saying...

Eric (Wilson) was confused that he had to pay around 34k for his Limited Explorer. And he just I guess finds it odd that a 01 Sport brand new was indeed over 30k in MSRP price. Black Magic confirmed that it is, as his was 31k. That's all we're saying....

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
My X Sport MSRP'd for $27,395. Now had if it had 4WD it would have been over $30k. Yes that is nuts but the new Limited 4x4s are over $40k.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
My X Sport MSRP'd for $27,395. ?Now had if it had 4WD it would have been over $30k. ?Yes that is nuts but the new Limited 4x4s are over $40k.
THanks Ryan and Matt for clarifying all of this. With the new body changes, I definitely noticed a significant increase in MSRP from Ford. I was able to get my Gold XLT 99 V8 loaded for 27 off the lot, that was after haggling, but I clearly remember the MSRP was ~32k.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts