Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A twist on this one though, because remember we were trying to see what it would look like if we filled in those giant gaping foglight holes? Well that is exactly what this guy did.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

MY OWN PERSONAL ANALYSIS

Now that I can finally see what this bodykit is worth (the blue Explorer owner had awkward shots and no closeups), I must say that I am overall not impressed with the kit. The front end is way too aggressive and is a style that went out in 2000. Very awkward contours, and you can obviously tell its "stick on fiberglass" because it does not flow with the rest of the vehicle whatsoever.

As far as the rear end, at one point I had considered purchasing it however it is really horrid looking. It's obvious that the kit is trying to emulate a "rollpan look", yet its very clear that this rear bumper is anything but a rollpan. The sudden bumper "chop" effect (since there is only a little bit of a gap from the rear hatch to where the new rear bumper ends in depth) only reinforces my points. The sideskirts look like nothing substantial and they could've done a hell of a better job with the design. It's just far, far too plain to justify spending ~$600 on them ALONE, nevermind the rest of the bodykit.

Finally, I want to stress that these are solely my opinions. I think overall the blue Explorer looks better with this bodykit then in black. It just doesn't work. But overall I am not impressed with the kit. It is far too aggressive, and its a style that is today laughed at and has gone OUT of style back in 2000. This kit doesn't even look like it was designed for an Explorer, based on how aggressive it is. It doesn't "work" with the factory contours of the vehicle whatsoever.

While I admire this guys truck and for the money he's invested into it and so forth, to be very honest his truck was one of my favorites for quite sometime due to its sleekness and simplicity. I loved the way it used to look. And in my opinion, it has since been thrown to the ground, and run over.

Please note that everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this vehicle and every others. Respect others opinions, and accept them for what they are. You are not obligated to agree or disagree with others opinions. Simply state your own and respect each other. Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't like it. But, of course, you expected that.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I don't like it. The front reminds me of the Vortex kit for the VW Jetta except the holes on this one are much bigger.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That doesnt look right, almost like it was photoshoped in. the second to last pic looks like it was photshop'd but it could be that the color from the bumper and the fender trim is different??? IMO I really dont like it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I hate the look of that body kit all together, I dont think that any explorer should have a body kit on it at all except for the saleen bodykit, etc. I think that it is a disgrace to all explorers!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess what I really find to be a kick in the balls is this guy had such a nice Explorer before. Due to the slimmer fender trimming and having a black rubber front bumper, he practically was "monotone." The few upgrades he did to his Explorer such as the wheels and taillights was enough to make it stand out from the rest and still make it look tasteful. By him installing that body kit, well, he just killed it.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I really dont like it either. IMO, it doesnt belong on an x. I agree, it looked awesome before: I love the rims and taillights, definetely enough to stand-out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i dont see why everyone is so down on it. it may not be the best but i dont think it looks bad on his black X. he said he is dropping it more so it will look better. i personally wouldnt buy the whole kit cause i have the EE airdam which i primered today. anyways i know im alone on this about the kit but thats how i feel.

G

·
i'm sorry, i liked his x before the body kits...know i think it looks trashy...auh...whatever floats ur boat right....

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tha front and back are horrendous, i woulldnt mind the side skirts

I wouldn't mind it either, except I DO mind the price!! $600

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I would have to say that I like the way it looked before but I do like the side skirts. But as long as the guy that ownes it likes thats the main thing. I just dont think it looks right on a explorer.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It's a lame attempt to be in the fast and the furious.

I don't like it nor do I like his tail lights though the clear corners & tire set up look good.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts