Explorer Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: Looks like I am going to be replacing the tires on the truck in the very near future. I think the Pirelli's came stock on it, but I wasn't very impressed with the P Zero's on my 281. I was looking at the Bridgestone Dueler H/P 255-55-18. I want something all season as well as good performance, and did the research on TireRack. What do you guys think? I believe they wanted $138 per tire plus shipping. Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Nittos, if you need all weather, i'm going to doubt you find a better performing tire than the p-zero.

You'll just find tires that ride better, and perform better in the rain.

I just put some nittos on the the back of mine, the ride qualitly is up, so is rain performance, and i'll bet they are are far better in the snow, but i wish i still went with the pirelli's.

I also wanted to try the p-zero rosso assimetrico, but i bailed on them.

Just make sure to buy the XL models.

Nittos are 151 i think a piece shipped at discounttiredirect.com

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I had bridgstone a long time ago, they wear out to damn qiuck.

Go to/ Forums / Wheels & Tread / performance tire showdown.

It will also give you some guidance.

Kumho

Ecsta STX PRICE $98

Size:255/55VR18

Pirelli PRICE $141

Scorpion Zero

Size:255/55VR18

Kumho vs Pirelli

HANDLING RATING

8.90 8.70

DRY TRACTION

9.2 9.1

WET TRACTION

8.7 8.4

SNOW TRACTION

6.7 5.9

RIDE COMFORT

8.2 7.8

NOISE COMFORT

8.1 7.4

WEAR

8.6 7.5

TREADWEAR RATING

320 300

TRACTION RATING

A A

TEMPERATURE RATING

A A

1997 Mountaineer 5.0

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the assistance on the tire question. In my infinite wisdom, I checked under the wheels/tires section after I posted the question. My apologies, I hate to waste peoples time! I am picking up the truck on Saturday in Wisconsin. Sure hope he has enough tread on the Pirelli's to get me back to Virginia, otherwise I may be buying the tires on the road! I am debating between the Nittos and the Pirelli's, but I need to look at the data that mountaineer posted on the Khomos. Thanks again for all of the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts