Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

If there are any XP8 owners in Miami, Florida, please contact me either via the forum or email @ [email protected].

I don't really want to make a fuss about why i need to talk to any miami owners, but it has to due with the possibility of borrowing an original XP8 body kit.

thanks

Alex

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Is there a saleen dealer in Miami? That will give you a good idea.

And if the reason being is you want to reproduce the parts, like the last 50 people that want to do it, the xp8 owner would have to be out of his mind to take them off the truck, They will not go back on just as easy.

Anyway, so far there's no members here from miami.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There used to be a Saleen dealer in Daytona Beach (Gary Yeomans Ford) years back but the last car they had was a 98 S-351 Speedster which from what I was told was taken down to The Toy Store and sold to some professional sports player (I can't remember who right now)

As for dealers in Miami area, there is an S7 dealer Prestige Motors. For mustang dealers, there isn't one in Miami area... I think the closest one is Sebring Ford.

As 2000xp8 said above, no one is going to take there parts off there XP8 (if they are smart)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it was worth a shot. i am extremely experienced in working with fiberglass and i was just trying to find anyone that would actually allow me to reproduce the kit using their original as a means to make a mold. if there is anyone else on here that would be interested in allowing me to reproduce their kit, please contact me and we can talk it over further.

thanks

Alex

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I'm curious with all this talk of xp reproduction parts. Isn't there some kind of infringement on that? Duplicating parts without saleen's permission?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it was worth a shot. i am extremely experienced in working with fiberglass and i was just trying to find anyone that would actually allow me to reproduce the kit using their original as a means to make a mold. if there is anyone else on here that would be interested in allowing me to reproduce their kit, please contact me and we can talk it over further.

thanks

Alex

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ahh..dp.

I wonder about that copyright infringement part. That would mean that all parts made for a vehicle by any manufacturer other than the original would not be allowed. I don't think that has anything to do with infringement. You may have to obtain some sort of license, though.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I doubt there's any infringement, all you have to do is change a small part and it's considered different.

There's at least 5 companys that reproduce saleen mustang body parts. One that does it and you can't tell the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts