Explorer Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any XP guys/gals still around here? Been quiet for over a year. Seems all the forums are dead these days. Thanks a lot Zuckerberg!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Vehicle specific forums tend to drift towards a monopoly. One gets larger and thus attracts the most traffic, so it becomes larger and larger still. That's where everyone is, Facebook not so much.

Add to that, that the older these vehicles get, the fewer of them there are on the road and the fewer topics there are that haven't already been covered.

What remains now is fewer and fewer sources for some of the rarer parts, so new info would be where to find these parts, for example a fuel pressure regulator for my '98, is nowhere to be found now... was only used on two model years SOHC engine before moved to the fuel tank in '99, so no aftermarket manufacturer stepped up to the plate to make them.

Fortunately I don't need one yet and will probably end up making some kind of aluminum adapter plate when the day comes, if I don't get lucky and find an eBay listing for new old stock motorcraft before then.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... for example a fuel pressure regulator for my '98, is nowhere to be found now... was only used on two model years SOHC engine before moved to the fuel tank in '99, so no aftermarket manufacturer stepped up to the plate to make them.

Fortunately I don't need one yet and will probably end up making some kind of aluminum adapter plate when the day comes, if I don't get lucky and find an eBay listing for new old stock motorcraft before then.
I know I'm late mentioning this but these regulators are available through NAPA. Echlin CRB #2-19617 is the correct one. There is a cheaper version available as well. Just FYI in the event you end up needing one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts