Explorer Talk banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought her bout 2yrs ago, has about 168,000 miles, no real problems except the front bumper is a lil crooked from hitting a pole and the rear bumper issue pictured above. Interior is in near mint condition, it has tan leather throughout and the only flaw is a tear in the driver seat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rear Bumper is shot, bassically unreplaceable. Dont see a console plaque the side mirrors dont appear to be Carbon Fiber, the rear hatch has Saleen Explorer graphic on one side and XLT instead of XP6 on the other. If a Saleen, it does not have original Speedline wheels. If you would like to look for the Saleen Badge under the hood it is on the right side (drivers) of the radiator support. If you cant find it PM me your vin# and I will llok it up in the Saleen Book. That will let you know if it is real or a clone and if it is real what # truck you have. Take a pic of the engine compartment that will also tell more.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
This looks to me like a regular XLT with some XP8 parts on it. Yes that rear bumper will be impossible to replace. I hope you've gotten rid of those horrible tail light covers... :smash:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.

I posted a thread yesterday, but I'm waiting for it to be moderated.

I think I may be in possession of one of the prototype Saleen Explorers made in 1997. I bought it a couple months ago because I needed a car and I just bought the first thing I could find.

Definitely willing to sell. Now that I'm settled in, I'd like something with better gas mileage.

Travis

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just realized that I haven't put my information in here. I bought Wayne's XP8 last February.

XP8 99-26, currently has just over 72k miles

AWD
Powerdyne Supercharged
Carbon fiber hood, interior, steering wheel, mirrors.
Black Recaro interior. Coco mats. Chrome Lemans wheels.

I've had it about a year and have done the following
- Had the rear spoiler refinished by Marc Allen (it was cracked)
- Replaced the windshield with a new Carlite - it was busted
- Had new Coco mats made with my "Saleen" tags and heel pad
- Replaced front rotors / pads, fuel filter, power board in the radio
- Replaced both front ABS sensors
- Put new Black Chrome replica wheels on (until I can get the Lemans refinished)
- Replaced sway bar bushings with Energy suspension

Up next -
- Rear rotors/pads
- Crank position sensor (has a weird starting issue)
- Upper / Lower ball joints (squeak city) and upper control arms
- Powder coat the sway bars
- Thinking about some a-pillar gauges for boost / fuel pressure

Lots o pictures here - http://s109.photobucket.com/user/ts_project89/library/Saleen XP8?sort=3&page=1

Attachments

61 - 80 of 106 Posts