Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That is really cool, but just remember for ~$65 you can send your radio bezel to Phoenix Imaging and they can put any design you want on it, which will look just as good if not better than this. If anyone pays more than $70 for this radio bezel, they are paying too much.

I'm still waiting for my interior pieces to come back but I should get them soon. Then again I said that a month ago
Our stuff keeps getting delayed.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking they need to get you guys a bigger discount for lack of timely service there Rob. IF anyone reads this and goes to junkyards let me know I am in Belgium and getting a few little things I want more than need are hard to come by over here.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
fordracing89, you are right. Luckily they are giving us an additional 10% off any other stuff we send to them. But I know a ton of people who were part of the Group Buy are getting pissed off...especially those who are about to go to shows and were informed the earliest they would get them would be in another two weeks...and they were already delayed a week or two to begin with.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I myself have been delayed four weeks so far...if I'm lucky I'll have them by Valentine's day..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was looking at it too. Rob, can you tell us more about Phoenix Imaging? Thanks, also, I would love to see some pics of the actual Saleen pieces installed, I am sure mine are aftermarket and would like to see what it is supposed to look like.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yea, Phoenix Imaging is cheeper. But it it still just a float on decal. This piece is a real CF piece that looks completly different. I am sure the Phoenix Imaging process will look great. But you could not mix Real True CF with the PI processed items. They will look completly different. If you do your entire interior with PI it will look great, I am just saying don't mix them they look completly different.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yea, Phoenix Imaging is cheeper. ?But it it still just a float on decal. ?This piece is a real CF piece that looks completly different. ?I am sure the Phoenix Imaging process will look great. ?But you could not mix Real True CF with the PI processed items. ?They will look completly different. ?If you do your entire interior with PI it will look great, I am just saying don't mix them they look completly different.

I agree Matt you make a good point, that a half or partially interior done by Phoenix Imaging and then "the real deal" next to it will look strange and you most likely will be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Sweet Matt
You always have a trick up your sleeve.

·
Registered
67 Posts
saleen never made a REAL carbon fiber bezel for the xp8. i know the description says it is real, but he has sent me close up pics of the piece and it is not real carbon fiber. that piece has the same photo copy of carbon fiber you see everywhere else. all the pieces saleen made for the explorer are the photo copy type.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Will you sell the other set Matt ?? PLEASE!

:cough: Phoenix Imaging bro...I **** you not the outcome aesthetically is the exact same as it looks in the first picture Matt posted of his mirrors

http://www.dash-kit.com

Check out the gallery...you will be amazed

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I can find out for you. Keep in mind my prices are 25% off. Its not cheap either by a longshot. Actually I just remembered, TAS sent his steering wheel or will, he already got a quote for that. I am sending my mirrors very soon to be done in the classic black carbon fiber myself as well....I'll have the "XP8 mirrors" and pay a quarter of the price those covers are! I remember a set went for like ~$400 on eBay once...what a waste!!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts