Explorer Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Explorer XPS. Recently I have been experiencing battery drain after a few days (new battery). I've also noticed the red flashing light on the dash never stops blinking except when the ignition switch is on or the car is running. So I hit the unlock button and the doors unlock, but the flashing light stays on. No beeping when I open the doors. Do you think I have a bad relay? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It turns out the battery drain was from leaving the hatch open for a few days. Charged battery and it has been maintaining 12.75 volts for over 24 hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2004 Explorer XPS. Recently I have been experiencing battery drain after a few days (new battery). I've also noticed the red flashing light on the dash never stops blinking except when the ignition switch is on or the car is running. So I hit the unlock button and the doors unlock, but the flashing light stays on. No beeping when I open the doors. Do you think I have a bad relay? Any help is appreciated.
That was part of the PAT-passive anti-theft system, the flashing was to deter thieves who might think it has an active alarm system. Glad you figured out your problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts