Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've got a lot of mods lined up here for my Explorer that will happen in the immediate future and are going to rock.

- Unique front end (replacing front end bumper with something much better looking...dont know one member yet that has done what i will do...keeping billet grilles of course)

- Custom sideskirts to add to Sport look + appeal

- Black painted front + rear bumpers

- Install Cobra R's (already arrived at house)

- Limo tint all around

- EE Mustang hood scoop

- Black mudflaps (not rubber)

- Carbon Fiber dash kit

- Paint remaining gray trim pieces black

- Ditch step bars

- Save for X-Spec Suspension kit

Should definitely be awesome, I can't freakin wait. I've never been more happy to own my Explorer Sport. Going to look very custom and very badass in the very near future. I'm hoping to have everything done and installed by January/February 04. So thats only a few months away. Not that it does now, but it will be nice to have a very custom, unique Explorer unlike any others on the road.

I'll keep you posted, and of course once everything is done, there will of course be a featured article on here.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow Rob that is a lot planned!!! I can't wait to see it finished!!!

I ditched my step bars like 3 weeks after I got my X. I couldn't stand them.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ditched my step bars like 3 weeks after I got my X. I couldn't stand them.

For some reason I never seemed to be bothered by them. But once I make the future modifications, I won't have a choice (and it would kill the look).

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
sounds like a plan rob,

I'm curious to a few things though, first the mud flaps thing, are you going to use the bulky kind and incorporate them with the side skirts?

And i'd like to say i'm against the hood scoup, it could probably look ok but i don't like it.

The rest sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like it's going to look awesome!
You are going to be very poor....I mean HAPPY!

eh, money well spent my friend.

sounds like a plan rob,

I'm curious to a few things though, first the mud flaps thing, are you going to use the bulky kind and incorporate them with the side skirts?

And i'd like to say i'm against the hood scoup, it could probably look ok but i don't like it.

The rest sounds pretty good.

The mudflaps will be solid black, and will actually blend in perfectly with the rear splash panels. It will look completely like an extension of the exterior trim, not at all like an aftermarket addition sticking out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know if i'm going to take my side steps off or paint them white along with the other parts
:
I was going to do that (black) until I found the sideskirts I'm going to use

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cant disagree with that. But I would paint the panel that says "Explorer" on it white as well, to match.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What side skirts will you be using?

JohnV, now that would give away my secret wouldn't it? I'll say that they look somewhat similar to the XP8 sideskirts but IMO much better and "cleaner" looking. More "euro"....if that makes sense to anyone. Really the best way to put it.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
What side skirts will you be using?

JohnV, now that would give away my secret wouldn't it? I'll say that they look somewhat similar to the XP8 sideskirts but IMO much better and "cleaner" looking. More "euro"....if that makes sense to anyone. Really the best way to put it.

I guess someone here doesn't know how to watch their mouth very well, and just got themself added to my sh!t list.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I'm really lost now. :uhoh:

Can't we all just get along?! :smartass:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ah ok, now everything makes sense. Oh well, I think Joe will just have to get over it.
As for the Accord skirts, you got me, but you still don't know which ones I'm getting

1 - 20 of 28 Posts