Explorer Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, John:

I've been following the thread about Snoozer's new mods, and was wondering about the billet fuel door you did on her 2002. I've been looking around for one , and haven't seen any that say they work on a 2002 Explorer.

Who makes the one you used on hers? Do you carry them? Couldn't find one on your web site. If so, how much would one cost?

·
Registered
155 Posts
We now have the Billet Fuel Doors in stock for $144.95. We checked out a few brands and this one works best on the Explorer. There is no company that catalogs one for the Explorer. Ours is made by a private aftermarket company. Two holes must be modified to make it work. Installation time is about 20-30 minutes. These will fit 95-04 Explorers.

We are working hard to update our web site. We will have it on there soon!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The billet doors for a mustang will work also (thats what is on mine). Only difference is that a Stang is put on the passenger side. When you put it on an Explorer, you put it on the other way. Mine has the Mustang emblem on it - it is upside down on the inside of the door
. When I first got it, they didn't make any that were just plain - and I didn't know about the emblem until after I got it. No one ever notices it anyway, but if they do, I'll take the door off and sand it off and polish the inside of the door...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts