Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Well, they come on saleens, handle great, but as far as ride quality they get a thumbs down.

When i replace mine, it will be with koni-adjustables.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link...so what exactly is the adjustment for?

According to EE's website, their Edelbrock shocks are tuned for their x-spec kit.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
If they are the 3 way adjustables (this is why you need to ask when you call) soft is for best ride quality, middle is for medium ride quality, hard is for best handling with poor ride quality.

I have them on my mustang, and i love them, on soft they give a little bit of a springy feeling with a little bounce, but sure as hell takes the hit out hard bumps, and with an adj of a knob i can make them hard and drive like an ahole.

After further research the ones for the explorer have to be removed to adjust, the mustang ones can be adjusted on the car.

But i'd still buy them.

Check out this link: Also click on adjusting process just so you know.

http://www.koni-na.com/display.cfm?mt_id=2...submit=Continue

Edit: But you'd be best off checking with them, because it also suggests the ones for the mustang need to come off the car, and they don't, i know that for a fact, mine came with a knob that goes on the top.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies so far...

Those koni's look awesome, i'm going to have to get a price from my local shop.

SnakeByte94, what model are your Bilsteins? Are they the same ones as the link in my first post?

Has anybody tried the normal Edelbrock IAS shocks on a lowered explorer?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The average price for Bilstein is 64.95 offroadwarehouse.com offers them for 60.99.

As far as Edelbrock, I hated them, waste of money could not pay me to put them back on my ride. I'll go as far as considering them unsafe at high speeds, I contacted Edelbrock customer service and got the run-around. after a few months $280.00 of shitty shocks went into the trash, replaced them with KYB, not happy with them either but they work 10x better, next ones will be Bilstein.

My rear shocks are Monroe air, when I have a heavy load throw a little air in them and take off, they are great.

Anyone interested in a set of used Edelbrock rear shocks retail$140.00, I'll sell them to ya cheap. they are great the best things under the sun,
check out the F/S thread and you can be the proud owner of them. The best part of the Edelbrocks are the polyurethane bushings & cool red paint under the road grime.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok im going with the Bilsteins, the set of 4 is $400 Canadian. This is a good price, if i would have ordered them from the US it would be more than $400 after all the fees the border rapes you with. So the normal replacement Bilstein will work well on a lowered vechicle? Are these the ones that come on the XP8's, or are they a special version for lowered trucks? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts