Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can find one?

I just bought a 1998 5.0L V8 Ford Explorer (Black) and im looking into buying some exterior accessories for it..

also, if anyone knows anything about this.. where can i find black rims that will fit my ex?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You could buy a billet grille then have it painted or powder coated black. I don't think they are sold in black. Also, welcome to ExplorerX.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
You wouldn't ever want a billet grille that is painted....it will chip right off. You can just buy a billet grille like Ryan said and have it powdercoated black. It's not expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could buy a billet grille then have it painted or powder coated black. I don't think they are sold in black. Also, welcome to ExplorerX.

thanks.. ive been lurking here before, but i figured since i finally bought my explorer (pictures coming as soon as i get back to school) i might as well register

also, powder coating... can i do that myself or do i need to go to a paint shop? and also how much would i be expecting to pay for this?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Do you have any better close up or front end shots? It looks good from what I can tell, but they are just awkward angles.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yeah, looks good. How's the paint holding up? Any chips or anything? I guess one advantage so straight up spray painting it would be that you could paint it over anytime you need to.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Looks pretty good. I would like to see a full frontal shot though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
sorry.. no better front shots at the moment. ill try to get some in the next few days. the paint is holding up so so i guess. there are a few chips here and there, and that is after primering 3 layers, 3 layers of black, and 3 layers of clear. its holding up pretty good for going through a buffalo winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts