Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally washed the X yesterday, took some pics, and then tried some Blue Magic metal and plastic cleaner on my yellowed headlight lenses. My new clear corners really showed how yellow they were.

See if you can tell the difference from these two pics:

Before:

After:

Can ya tell?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wow that looks like a huge improvement! Also your truck looks totally different clean!
Looks great man. Really nice black shine. I checked out your Cardomain page as well.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that looks like a huge improvement! Also your truck looks totally different clean!
Looks great man. Really nice black shine. I checked out your Cardomain page as well.
Thanks! Yep, I would say a "huge improvement"
I cant believe I drove that.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that is an impressive improvment!!!!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it at Wal-mart. The car parts stores around here never heard of it (the same people that hadnt heard of the amber 916 bulb for the corner lenses).

I noticed that theres many blue magic bottles you can get. The stuff I got is called Liquid Metal Polish. If you need more info, PM me.

Also check this thread out from ExplorerForum (BTW, you were the one that started this thread Matt)

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showth...plastic+cleaner

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Where did you get the blue magic? I need that stuff
:werd:

It does look great and the lights look much better, I need some for my work van (Windstar) the headlights are so yellow I cant hardly see at night.

Wow you have a bunch of show there 8O

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great! ?I bet you're glad I showed you that thread. ?
o yea! Sorry I didnt give you any credit before
Couple people asked me already how to get rid of it. I know my answer now.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
[..]

o yea! Sorry I didnt give you any credit before
Couple people asked me already how to get rid of it. I know my answer now.

Well Andy, you did tell me that 99Xsport told you about the blue magic so you did give him credit when you told me

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me Brad!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well today I washed my X and gave it a full detail, inside and out. I bought the blue magic and used it on my headlights and tail lights. WOW that crap actully works! I got the Blue Magic plastic cleaner it was called. Man oh man, am I am happy camper now

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea, it seriously brightened my headlights and my day at the same time! 8) So it was actually called "Blue Magic Plastic Cleaner" or was it the same bottle I showed you?

Im glad if worked for ya!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts