Explorer Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

as I'm getting ready to back out of my spot I place my foot in the brake wheni hear/feel the brake have to be pressed harder than usual while hearing a "ssssss" sound like you would hear when air is going out of a tire. Wondered what this meant was I possibly out of brake fluid, cracked brake lines or a abs issue. I wouldn't really think about it since I know I need to change my pads anyway. Was random how it happened. Let me know what you guys think any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What year is your EX? If you have low fluid, cracked lines, or an ABS issue, you'd most likely have a brake or ABS light come on. Do your brakes feel normal now (you mentioned it was "random").

I've had the "hiss" a few times, although the brake system was still in good shape.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Sounds like a leaking brake booster or possible vacuum line. Inspect the booster line first you might get off easy. Have someone press the brakes while you try to locate the source of the hissing under the hood.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Sounds like a leaking brake booster or possible vacuum line. Inspect the booster line first you might get off easy. Have someone press the brakes while you try to locate the source of the hissing under the hood.
With having zero details on your truck I would also assume a brake booster leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts