Explorer Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Explorer owners,

I have a 2019 Explorer and need a recommendation for a "portable" CD player compatible with the Ford factory sound system, via Bluetooth or USB.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Why the heck would you want to buy a relatively expensive and fragile portable CD player then have to juggle around CDs, when you could just rip them to HQ MP3 (or possibly even wav or flac) and have dozens of times as many at your fingertips with virtually no storage space and no power cord to deal with?

128GB USB flash drives are now down around $17, which should hold (very roughly) over 500 CDs worth of 320Kb MP3's.

To more directly answer your question, no I've never seen such a CD player and wouldn't use one if someone gave it to me. If you've got a bluetooth link and don't mind the power cable you could just use a leftover (or cheap) cellphone as the player with a mSD card in it, or a mSD or USB flash player either as a transmitter over FM to the radio or a bluetooth device.

However, you can probably get an analog audio to bluetooth transmitter board on ebay for dirt cheap from China, then you just need some little enclosure to throw it in and a 5V USB adapter to power it, then that would hook up to any CD player with a line level (or headphone) analog output.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts