Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, in my radio bezel, behind the rear wiper switch, is a bulb covered with a green bulb cover. I want to change it to a blue one to match my billet ac knobs (which light up blue) but I cant get the bulb out of the white thingy to get the cover off of it.....does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I think it just pulls straight off. I remember seeing two metal pins that go through a white base for the bulb.

To get the bulb out, I am not sure. You should be able to get the green off without removing the bulb.

Have you gotten the blue covers yet?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to look for the blue covers today, and I cant find any small enough.
Does anyone know anyother way to make it blue? Can I get the green cover off and paint the bulb with something without it blowing the bulb or catching on fire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I colored mine red, but it is wearing off. I didn't use a sharpie though.

I think www.partsexpress.com has the bulb covers, but I'm not sure what sizes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys, I will have to try the sharpie.

I saw the bulb covers on the web site ( thanks for the link), but I dont know which size if any would fit.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I am not sure either. It would help if they were in a store, because you could bring a bulb in to compare. Radio Shack?

I would just try the sharpie. The results are just as good as covers and cheaper (if you have a blue sharpie).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I think I will try the Sharpie first, I never thought about radio shack though
, I was thinking that only auto parts places would carry that kinda thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts