Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking, Should I get a aftermarket bumper or a OEM one? Also would any other year model bumpers look better on my x then the current one? Just looking for input if i should try somthing different cause this opens a totally new window

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah there are no aftermarket bumpers Matt, except for that POS Extreme Dimensions one.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
They make a aftermarket bumper just like the stock one, but its not OEM
It is close enough to OEM, just made by a different company and costs less.

·
Registered
29 Posts
"I personally would only use OEM parts on any car of mine"

Yea, but you drive a
Saleen Explorer :worship: . The bumper that's not OEM is like the exact same thing, but it's just made by a different company. I'd just get the bumper that's not OEM. You'll save a lot of $$ and you wont be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If I was going to use something other than OEM, I would definitely pick it up in person so you can see the quality. I had to get one for my 89 Ranger once. Ordered it over the internet, and when it got to the house, I could literally twist it from one end to the other. Sent it back and got another one from Ford.

Some of the aftermarkets are so thin they are useless. Since you have to have some type of bumper (unless you pan it), I would make sure to get one that will help in a wreck... 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts