Explorer Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just stopping by for some possible answers. This site has helped me tremendously in the past. I went from knowing ZERO about my own car to changing out front and back brakes/rotors, MAFS and its uses my whole cooling system etc. etc. I'm rambling now but my question was, what is that sorta hum sound that I hear when I turn my ignition on but before I start it? I'm having a big issue here and it's in some way just related. Firstly I'm reading a code p0455 on my obdll and I'm now having issues turning the truck over. It seems to be when I dont hear that hum at first that it wont end up turning over. When I hear it and complete the turn switch process and gas it, it turns over. No noise I just get all my battery functionality and putting. Its trying to turn over but wont. Any ideas fellas? Or ladies? Thank you so so much in advance for past solutions and hopefully future solutions :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
That humm you hear is the fuel pump prime. If you do not hear that humm your fuel pump is not getting power or is siezed. It could be relay or fuse or wiring. Or pump could be bad. You need to check fuel pressure .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh bummer but ok sounds like the best place to start. Its been getting gradually worse with an exception of the other day it primed every time I turned the ignition. Thought that was weird but sure enough it went back to the same deal the day after. If my wife didn't have a car I'd be assed out as it primed this morning, I turned ignition all the way and it just cranked without turning over. Ill start with fuses first, then fuel pressure check then fuel pump. I don't think the truck has had much major servicing since 99 but 1 sweet little old lady drove it until i bought from her at 60k miles. Good deal. Alright to be continued...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That humm you hear is the fuel pump prime. If you do not hear that humm your fuel pump is not getting power or is siezed. It could be relay or fuse or wiring. Or pump could be bad. You need to check fuel pressure .
Oh hey would u happen to have a recommendation if I bought one off Amazon? A fuel pump i mean. I live in the boonies of Maui. Mechanics somewhat not practical ya know? Hey thank again for your first response and any after man its much appreciated with limited resources out here 🤙

1 - 4 of 4 Posts