Explorer Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question on screens. i have been looking around for some and see different things.

1152x234 pixels

and

480(W) × RGB × 640(H) = 921600 pixels

and

640x480

and

1440 x 234

how do you know what is better???

is there something else i should look for besides TFT and LCD?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The higher the pixels, the better the picture quality. So, out of all the ones you listed, the last one would be the best. But, I'd be more concerned with going with a good brand name rather than just looking at pixel quality.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You pay for quality and remember you get what you pay for.

:werd: You always want to pay more for quality. You'll sh!t your pants if it's out of warranty and you have a problem with the cheap model. Go for quality.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
:werd: :werd:

I have a Clarion, and I like it a lot, but if the money had been there, I would have went with Alpine. I did put an Alpine drop-down in the rear, and it is very high quality

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
can u put a drop down in if you have a sunroof or is it better just to get 2 head rest tvs?

I say you can. I don't know how easy it is but from the factory I know it can have a roof-mount screen and moonroof. I think doing the screen in headrest would be hard for you because you don't have removable headrests.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Oh really? That's interesting. In that case, it wouldn't be too hard to do headrests then.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I haven't seen any 3rd generation Explorers with built-in headrests like the 2nd generations. Thats one of the many things I hated about the second generation seats....built in headrests.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
can u put a drop down in if you have a sunroof or is it better just to get 2 head rest tvs?

I have a 7" Alpine drop down mounted behind my sunroof. Works just fine. THere are some pics of it on my cardomain page if you want to see. Just hit the "WWW" button below my sig.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I haven't seen any 3rd generation Explorers with built-in headrests like the 2nd generations. Thats one of the many things I hated about the second generation seats....built in headrests.

I think some of the early production XLS and XLTs had the "tombstone" style seats. The change to the lowback style with separate headrest was one of the "mid-year" upgrades.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Well crap. I looked at my pics of a 3rd gen that I thought had built in head rests. Turns out it has the removable kind. I must be remembering the seats that were in the '02 Explorer XLS that I test drove back in June '02 (really happy I didn't end up getting that one). But apparantly Ford changed.

IMO I would go with the overhead screen. I'm not a fan of the headrest screens personally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts